• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I think that's the ticket. If a state handed down the death penalty for something, say theft, I would expect the 8th Amendment to be cited when it was overturned.

Why not set forth a specific set of circumstances where tge death penalty applies, if convicted? And if the conditions were met, then the ONLY penalty is death, none of this "life without parole" stuff. That way no one group is unfairly subject.

The 8th Amendment was ratified as a restriction on federal authority, not as an enumerated power. What enumerated power of the federal gov't would allow it to regulate state criminal death penalties?

Best,

Joe

Jmebd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I say let 'em go.....so that the father can dol out whatever punishment he'd like to those two with FULL immunity!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Even if we had a system that would allow victims and or their families to participate in less than humane punishments/executions, I fear that those good folks would pay costs far more than they ever calculated.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So having procreated gives one the right to be judge, jury and executioner, and an agent of torture somewhere in the mix?

And people who think like this carry guns?

Cross country trips for the antis with the fuel such folks give them.

Never said I would use a gun did I. More of a hands on kind of guy myself.

Procreation does give one some rights if they stay the course.

You can make a good argument for what you posted and I can not totally disagree with your remarks.

I do know that my blood would be up and would be hard to contain. My feelings would be that with the Bravo Sierra court system we are ham strung with that true justice (differs in opinion from person to person) will not be done.

Eye for an eye and all. Yes, one can argue against this. Ask a person who has experienced this level of loss.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Outside of defensive killing, the personally taking of another's life would (by my view) require a substantial amount of hate.

And you don't just turn that stuff off and on like a switch, or put it away wrapped up in a drawer.

Hate is like a box of Chernobyl crud times 10,000.

If you think you're game then suit up and play with it all you want.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Outside of defensive killing, the personally taking of another's life would (by my view) require a substantial amount of hate.

And you don't just turn that stuff off and on like a switch, or put it away wrapped up in a drawer.

Do know that I understand what you are saying in the most pure sense of the description. It is an all consuming emotional state and no, it can not be turned off at will. I am fully aware. I have experienced this and really do not care to go there again but if someone took the life of one of my children, any of which I would step in front of a bullet for, well, hard to say what would happen. Do know that I am game....just do not want to be put in this arena again.

I am not arguing your point as I do agree with you at some level. I also know what a father is capable of. Heck, I know some mothers that scare me in these situations.
    Point taken.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Never said I would use a gun did I. More of a hands on kind of guy myself.

Procreation does give one some rights if they stay the course.

You can make a good argument for what you posted and I can not totally disagree with your remarks.

I do know that my blood would be up and would be hard to contain. My feelings would be that with the Bravo Sierra court system we are ham strung with that true justice (differs in opinion from person to person) will not be done.

Eye for an eye and all. Yes, one can argue against this. Ask a person who has experienced this level of loss.

My post was not about method.
    It's about how some supposed prayer and gun type folks are seemingly cool with the idea of torture- thinking it OK to play God or make their own rules.
    Anti gunners have tried to leverage their fear of such radicals and some here are giving them (at least from web view only), a reason for a bit of concern.

And for the last friggin' time, no, I haven't walked in the shoes of some others. But I aint wearin' only socks.

Fredo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    In A Yellow Submarin

I can't agree more. Hate can not be turned on and off like a light switch.
    That being said, after reading the prosecutor affidavits on those 2 guys, I think the death penalty should definitely be a consideration.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One good thing about life, time does help with healing.
    And there's always another fresh heartache around the corner to bury the previous.

And this is absolutely a true statement.

Now, what color are those socks.....;)

How we perceive anything is in the eyes of the beholder. Again, I understand your views and reasoning for them.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    My post was not about method.
    It's about how some supposed prayer and gun type folks are seemingly cool with the idea of torture- thinking it OK to play God or make their own rules..

Forgiveness is an awesome , powerful thing when dealing with folks with morals . It stings up front but overall it'll make you stronger if you can forgive .

I'm no scholar by any means but I've never read anywhere in "the book" that we are meant to be sheep , available for slaughter subject to the whims of any wolf that comes along .

You don't take a liberal mindset and play with evil thinking that it can be legislated out of existence .

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I know it's wrong and I know I will be put in a cage or put to death (I prefer death) but if someone kills one of mine and I get my hand on them before the cops....it will be slow, it will be painfull and no one on this earth has the right to judge me. That is for the big guy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

That is strong. And wrong in its execution. He put so many others at risk of death and injury.
    He also removed himself from his sons life by his actions. His son was still alive and needed him in his life more than ever. Epic fail.

Again, how we as individuals perceive what has happened and how to deal with this. As I do understand the motivation I disagree with his actions in this situation.

That is definitely fuel for the anti's

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    That is strong. And wrong in its execution. He put so many others at risk of death and injury.
    He also removed himself from his sons life by his actions. His son was still alive and needed him in his life more than ever. Epic fail.

Again, how we as individuals perceive what has happened and how to deal with this. As I do understand the motivation I disagree with his actions in this situation.

That is definitely fuel for the anti's

5 years probation does not remove him from his son.

Gary Plauche - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-08-27/news/mn-25260_1_alleged-abuser

The statement by the dead molester's brother in the LA Times link is really precious.

I'm not saying what Gary Plauche did was "right", but I certainly would not support incarcerating him.

Best,

Joe

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    5 years probation does not remove him from his son.

Gary Plauche - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Father Who Killed Alleged Abuser on TV Avoids Jail - Los Angeles Times

The statement by the dead molester's brother in the LA Times link is really precious.

I'm not saying what Gary Plauche did was "right", but I certainly would not support incarcerating him.

Best,

Joe

Well that is a win for him. I am amazed he did not get a stiffer penalty for discharging in the airport and endangering those around him. Reckless.

Edit...I am guessing the brother is OK with molesting young boys as well.

Top Bottom