• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    8th Amendment?

I think that's the ticket. If a state handed down the death penalty for something, say theft, I would expect the 8th Amendment to be cited when it was overturned.

Why not set forth a specific set of circumstances where tge death penalty applies, if convicted? And if the conditions were met, then the ONLY penalty is death, none of this "life without parole" stuff. That way no one group is unfairly subject.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    According to the newspaper story, the victim knew her attackers as she had purchased/received drugs from them previously.

Not saying that she deserved such a fate.

But this wasn't like two guys just swooped down on a total stranger.

These were two drug dealers. I would think associating with such folks to pose some risk.

As for the colorful comments made by some...........torture is torture.
    IMHO if one is to remove such folks from this realm then it should be by expedient means.

Sick and or dangerous animals, or people? Just get it done and over with.

Gas, fire, woodchippers etc? Grow up.

Thanks for being our moral compass but opinions do vary.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    If a person believes in the Constitution, many of those "opinions" are invalid, and directly contradict. I don't put too much stock in "fair weather" believers.

When a person does something premeditated like this they should have zero rights. JMHO.

edeekeos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    I've been pretty vocal on these boards about only using self-defense when 100% necessary, the reason is - we each have 1 life and when it's gone, it's gone. The idea that the state would take a person who is no threat (sitting in a cell) and ceremoniously (last meal,people watching through glass) put him to death just doesn't sit right with me.

I can't support the death penalty no matter how horrific the crime. Sorry, just can't do it...

We all are entitled to our own opinions, and feeling. However, personally, I am going to have to strongly disagree with you. These men forfeited their lives the moment they took that young lady's. There are no if, ands, or buts about it. They committed the most heinous of crimes, and deserve nothing but the worst. What if it was your daughter, my guess, is your opinion would differ slightly.

I do agree with you however on this point, having them sit in a cell, and ceremoniously be executed is a complete waste, and doesn't sit right with me either. These men, let me rephrase that, these animals, need to be drug behind a Ford F350, on a rough gravel road.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A quick death, even for the most vile of murderers.

Respect.

Not for the one being extinguished, but for the One that created all.

I sympathize with the desire to exact revenge on the apparent confessed animals. There's a part of me that could shove these guys into a wood chipper toe first or feed them to some hogs, etc. But I agree with Hookeye on this. We are better than these people. Administer justice not revenge.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Life without parole is a joke. All it does is give the scumbag more time to clog up the courts with excuses why they were not responsible for what they had done.

Over 10 years ago, here in Pike County we had 2 EMTs murdered in the ambulance barn by a POS. Now he has a laundry list of claims of why his sentence was too harsh. He nevers says he didn't do it, just that there were mitigating circumstances that would have gotten him a lighter sentence.

original story
    Local MUTT!!!

My vote is for the death penalty.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    As for the colorful comments made by some...........torture is torture.
    IMHO if one is to remove such folks from this realm then it should be by expedient means.
    Sick and or dangerous animals, or people? Just get it done and over with.

Gas, fire, woodchippers etc? Grow up.

It's easy to say, if it's not YOUR child that was killed, from some high moral ground. Try and tell me that if it was your child. I've had 1 daughter get killed already due to the carelessness of a teen driver and if any of my other kids got killed by worthless pieces of crap such as these, believe me that they would know a new hell if I got to them first.
    Walk a mile in somebody else's shoes before tossing judgements.

Bob

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    Public hanging in the town square for all to see, let the young ones know as they grow up that there actions will be met with justice.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    It's easy to say, if it's not YOUR child that was killed, from some high moral ground. Try and tell me that if it was your child. I've had 1 daughter get killed already due to the carelessness of a teen driver and if any of my other kids got killed by worthless pieces of crap such as these, believe me that they would know a new hell if I got to them first.

Bob

Bob -

Thanks for posting this. It highlights my current dilemma. Normally my thought would be that there's always an outside chance (however remote) that they didn't do it or something - so I'd opt for something not permanent - such as life without parole. DNA _has_ cleared a number of convicted folks. That said - these scumbags certainly appear bent on removing all doubt that they did it - and with intent. THAT is what has me rethinking things.

And I don't even want to think about walking in your shoes - so I will respect your opinions.

EDIT: Also agree with GFGT - whatever the sentence is - it should be justice that it administered and not revenge. Well said.

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

Bob

Many have had losses (some by accident, some by negligence, some by outright criminal acts), and choose to act/think differently.

FWIW, I never said I was anti-death penalty.

I think the idea of revenge to be a poison. My view not just based on theory. Nuff said.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    gn41.jpg

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Many have had losses (some by accident, some by negligence, some by outright criminal acts), and choose to act/think differently.

FWIW, I never said I was anti-death penalty.

I think the idea of revenge to be a poison. My view not just based on theory. Nuff said.

I feel fine standing in front of God to be judged for all my actions and thoughts. The judgement that people give, matters not at all to me.
    What some refer to as revenge, others classify as justice.

Bob

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    If it were up to me,we would find out how many lashes with a whip it would take to put someone to death. But.....

I imagine Greene county will come to the same conclusion that Randolph county did some years ago and that is a death penalty case is just to expensive for a county with a small population.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    EDIT: Also agree with GFGT - whatever the sentence is - it should be justice that it administered and not revenge. Well said.

I echo the above. I am for the death penalty. For those of you suggesting torture. Stop and think who would administer this torture? It would take a sick person to do such a thing. Another monster that should not exist. There is a reason torture is outlawed against our enemies, not just because of what it represents but what it does the person performing the torture. Before anyone says it, no I don't consider water boarding torture. Food for thought.

Top Bottom