• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Without getting too far into it... I could use some encouragement.

How do you overcome the depression and move on?

My whole world just fell down on my head. =(

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Thats a tuff one man.... I broke up w/ "the one" several years ago, and she was always at the back of my head no matter what.... its a hole that can only be filled by you.... i suggest trying to find something that you enjoy to do in your free time to keep your mind off things at least for the first couple weeks.

IBTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Lafayette
    I've had a couple of break ups in the past which were pretty bad. I did the WRONG thing by drinking away my pain. After hitting rock-bottom, I found a friend that I knew and could trust and I married her. It took some time to move on. I encourage you to make this process as fast as possible, cause depression can wreck your life and hurt others you love. Take it from me.

Good luck man.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Almost a decade ago now my wife walked out with no warning. We'd not been having any problems, and I'm not an unobservant kinda guy. She found a better deal and took it. We'd only been together for three years but it was the first relationship I'd ever had end without it being somewhat mutual or without a whole lot of discussion. Just one day she says she's leaving and 2 days later her stuff is all gone.

It took me almost a year to regain equilibrium. First couple of months were the hardest. Living way out in the middle of nowhere there's not much in the way of dating opportunities or support groups.

I did find a local church that hosted Divorcecare and it helped somewhat. The religious side didn't do anything for me but the fellowship of recently divorced folks did.

Beware of forming any type of serious relationship in the next few months. Rebound relationships are easy to get into and very often bad in the long term.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Seriously, if you're sure it's over, the above mentions of immediately hitting another are not bad ideas. Women are a dime a dozen. (Good ones however, aren't.)

Stay away from the drownings.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Uh, go shooting?

Seriously, concentrate on some "me time". (well, you, not me). Hang with friends, spend some time on hobbies, and find at least one thing you have wanted to do (and put off) and go do it. Time is the healer, not the things.

I, personally, wouldn't worry about women for a while. Let the next one find you. Besides, wimmins is the debil anyways......:evilangel:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Get you a slump buster. Move on and UP from there.

Spring is just around the corner and that the time the love blossoms. Work out stay away for the bars and strip clubs. I have had many of the ones. I to spent time drowning sorrows in a bottle. Not a good thing,

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I paid for the marriage license, so I pretty much own mine.

In all seriousness rambone, It will just take some time. Nothing comes easy, companionship, friendship, etc. all of those things are to be valued and difficult to arrive at with another person.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Drown your sorrows in an 18-year-old waitress.

DUDE!!!!!:dunno: She needs to be at least 21, then you don't have to worry about the liquid panty remover, er I mean Tequila getting you in dutch for serving to a minor.:evilangel:

On the original question, can't help. I'm the one that dropped the "D"bomb after 23 years. It feels like a second chance:rockwoot:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Better now than 10 years and 3 kids later.

Wrap your head around it's time to move on. Get there and the rest will come.
    What ever you do keep your head up.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Beware of forming any type of serious relationship in the next few months. Rebound relationships are easy to get into and very often bad in the long term.

Q F T

I don't care how tough you are you are in a fragile state right now and
    jumping at the first bunny on the rebound is a bad idea.

Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:
    Been the friend and done that multiple times over. :n00b:

Good thing was I did not feel like eating for a couple of months and I did lose weight! :):

A new one will pop up out of the blue, they always do. :twocents:

Top Bottom