• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pistlshuutr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    another thing to consider is how well that ammo shoots in your rifle. if is not worth any amount of money if it is not accurate. Yes I know most ARs will digest most anything but I recently returned some bullets because of keyholing at 50 yards. Also if you don't reload pick up your brass and trade or sell it to recoup some of you hard earned dollars

Last edited:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not positive that is the NATO 5.56 load with a penetrator ... Sounds like you might be talking about the AE 223 in 62 gr. If it is, maybe someone who has a box could check with a magnet for you... It could very well have the penetrator, but I would verify... I would be much more confident if it was actually Lake City M855.

Also, not all M855 with the mild penetrator has a painted green tip... (2) of the most accurate 62 gr loads my AR's like are IMI's and the British Radway Green. The British is the NATO 62 gr 5.56 loading with the penetrator but it doesn't have a green tip...

The price seems a bit high... Also, if you haven't shot the AR yet, might try a few boxes of different brands and also try the 55 gr (M193) before buying a whole case... Depending on the twist rate of your barrel, you might find your rifle might prefer one over the other...

Top Bottom