• ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just to continue the whining.....

Reset the clocks this morning. No big deal. EXCEPT... the one "atomic" clock. Supposedly gets the time via radio. Yeah, right. Sure, the HOUR switches, but the damn thing is off by 12 minutes. AND I CAN'T CHANGE IT. Can only set the time zone and DST on/off. All the other clocks are within a minute of each other. Its on our weather station, so I don't want to just throw it out. I can get the temperature, pressure, and even a forecast. But time? HA! Sucker.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just to continue the whining.....

Reset the clocks this morning. No big deal. EXCEPT... the one "atomic" clock. Supposedly gets the time via radio. Yeah, right. Sure, the HOUR switches, but the damn thing is off by 12 minutes. AND I CAN'T CHANGE IT. Can only set the time zone and DST on/off. All the other clocks are within a minute of each other. Its on our weather station, so I don't want to just throw it out. I can get the temperature, pressure, and even a forecast. But time? HA! Sucker.

It's for your own safety, and the safety of the world. You go messin' around with an atomic clock and there could be a nuclear disaster. I heard that's what really happened at Chernobyl and Fukushima. Oh sure, they blamed it on equipment failure and all kinds of things, but it was really some low-level tech trying to monkey around with the clock. ;)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Feeling so refreshed! I actually split the hour, had one more bourbon for a half hour and slept a half hour extra. Life is good!

I do have fun bantering with you guys...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I gained two hours this time around. Most of my clocks/phones/watches set themselves back one hour automatically but since I can never get enough of a good thing, I set them back ANOTHER hour!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I gained two hours this time around. Most of my clocks/phones/watches set themselves back one hour automatically but since I can never get enough of a good thing, I set them back ANOTHER hour!

I tried setting mine back to June. Thought it might warm up, but no luck. :(

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Hope in my lifetime, we see thus stupid practice of springing forward and falling back, be terminated with extreme celebration.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Since we are so worried about the AMOUNT of daylight, why not shorten the hours? We could cram more in if they were 45 minutes, instead of an hour. Or, shorten the minute, so you still have 60-min hours. Either way, with less time, you could have more of it. Imagine a full 12 hours of daylight EVERY day of the year. Think how productive you would be. Now, of course, you will need to work/play much faster to get it all done in less time, but you will have more of it, so it works out.

:rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Since we are so worried about the AMOUNT of daylight, why not shorten the hours? We could cram more in if they were 45 minutes, instead of an hour. Or, shorten the minute, so you still have 60-min hours. Either way, with less time, you could have more of it. Imagine a full 12 hours of daylight EVERY day of the year. Think how productive you would be. Now, of course, you will need to work/play much faster to get it all done in less time, but you will have more of it, so it works out.

iu

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

As long as it's still an 8 hour work day and a 5 day work week I think it's a brilliant plan!

Top Bottom