tenor.png

Keep up the good fight. ;)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No, changing schedules back for 4 months does not make sense to those who prefer more daylight after the typical workday. It causes them to have less for 4 months. We've covered this. Try again.

No need, we'd be on that same schedule for the whole year. We've covered this. You agreed. Now you've forgotten.

The schedule change is what's cumbersome, changing clocks is just to pretend we aren't doing something as stupid as changing schedules back and forth twice per year. The lie is never the hard part, it was just a simple trick to gain more support from the simple minded back in the day.

It's not universal and other countries who once participated are now dropping it. USA will follow suit once it becomes internationally trendy to do so.

The clocks are the joke part of the discussion, the silly schedule changes are the actual point. We've covered all this. Try something fresh.

I'm here to help. :yesway:

I do not care if we stay the same time all year, that is a bone to those that do not like The way the sun would time out in the winter if we stayed an hour forward. That is at the crux of why we change time.

Whatever we do, it should be the entire country not have patchwork DST zones.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I do not care if we stay the same time all year, that is a bone to those that do not like The way the sun would time out in the winter if we stayed an hour forward. That is at the crux of why we change time.

Whatever we do, it should be the entire country not have patchwork DST zones.
    States rights!!!!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No, changing schedules back for 4 months does not make sense to those who prefer more daylight after the typical workday. It causes them to have less for 4 months. We've covered this. Try again.

No need, we'd be on that same schedule for the whole year. We've covered this. You agreed. Now you've forgotten.

The schedule change is what's cumbersome, changing clocks is just to pretend we aren't doing something as stupid as changing schedules back and forth twice per year. The lie is never the hard part, it was just a simple trick to gain more support from the simple minded back in the day.

It's not universal and other countries who once participated are now dropping it. USA will follow suit once it becomes internationally trendy to do so.

The clocks are the joke part of the discussion, the silly schedule changes are the actual point. We've covered all this. Try something fresh.

I'm here to help. :yesway:

I resent the entire stupid proposition predicated on dubious claims and of no personal benefit to me. Quintessential government program

ETA: Let the revolution start here

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you want DST so you get more light in the evening, but you want to be on EDT which means it gets dark earlier. :scratch:

That is backwards, if the east side of the road is eastern and the west side central and the sun sets at 9:00 pm eastern it is 8:00 pm accross the street.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    And what on what authority do you state such a claim?

There is only three general positions an area can have in a time zone, leading edge and early sunrise, middle with a middle sunrise of the zone, and trailing edge with late sunrises. The people of the area, through their legislatures get to pick which zone they want to be in. Indiana can only be the leading edge of eastern or trailing edge of central. I will count you as a vote for central time zone.

The position of the sun at noon on the equinox is a good indicator.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The position of the sun at noon on the equinox is a good indicator.

As I previously stated, Indiana can ONLY be leading edge or trailing edge, we will never be near the equinox in the current time zone system.

Great, just do away with time zones altogether and set your clocks by the equinox. In a time zone that spans near 1000 miles only one little spot gets perfect noon at the equinox. The rest just have to deal with it. Most of this discussion is about modern living, that needs time zones for travel and interconnected commerce and hours employees work in relation to daylight.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why do most businesses start at 8-9 am?

Why not start work at noon throug 8-9 pm. Then folks could go home to bed, get up early in the morning to get their personal stuff done before work.

Those against the current time structure, change it to one you like.

What at would you propose as a better use of time in relation to the sun, work and personal time?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Why do most businesses start at 8-9 am?

Why not start work at noon throug 8-9 pm. Then folks could go home to bed, get up early in the morning to get their personal stuff done before work.

Those against the current time structure, change it to one you like.

What at would you propose as a better use of time in relation to the sun, work and personal time?

Because all of us aren't hookers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    See a leading contributor to the angst is that most of Indiana is in the wrong time zone.

Agreed!

Ah yes, an early morning type living on the wrong side of a time zone. If one is an early riser the eastern side is where you want to be, as the natural and normal sun rise is almost an hour earlier. Move to Illinois and you get you hour in the morning. Look on the bright side, you live on the freedom loving side of of the time zones...

As for going to bed at 8pm, you are missing a lot of life. Mother used to say nothing good ever happens after midnight, but she was wrong it is fun. Well maybe we should see what the 4 judges say before making a final decision... LOL

I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't... move east to the freedom-hating states, or move west to Illinois - another freedom-hating state.
    And I'm missing nothing (except for prime time Colts games). I'm gaining a lot of productive time between 4 a.m. and say, 6:00 or 7:00 a.m. with my job. There's nobody there to bug me then. :): And in the summer, if the sun came up at 05:00, I'd be good with that. I could get yard work done before it gets hot. I see no downside to that.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Ahhh, an extra hour of sleep Saturday night...

That's all there is to celebrate for switching everything back to a sluggard-time schedule for 4 months?

One extra hour of slumber one night?

That's it???

Come on, at least make up something more. Even a fake reason to keep going back to a different winter schedule would be better than that. :rolleyes:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I really don't understand this extra hour of sleep. I'll be waking up about the same time I always do. Sunday the clock will simply say it is an hour earlier than it did Saturday.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom