• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Can one of you in favor of changing clocks find a poll that shows a majority of people are in favor of it.
    Can you, not in favor, find a poll that shows a majority not in favor?

Seriously though. I don't think anyone is preaching they wanna change clocks. The argument is more which way to set it and forget it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Seriously though. I don't think anyone is preaching they wanna change clocks. The argument is more which way to set it and forget it.
    Yes. It's all over the news now. Multiple polls show people want to stop changing clocks.
    Most of the disagreement is, where to set them at.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Wow. I didn't realize how popular this notion was. I have never liked being part of the in crowd.

I now stand with INGOMike!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Maybe we should ditch modern clocks and just use sun dials. That way the sun and the time will be synchronized. Obviously telling the time at night might be tricky. Purple.
    You may be onto something. I have a sundial on my deck railing. Have always been more comfortable with it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They need to get a job that doesn't require them to keep rigid hours. Want more time after work, go in at 0700 and leave at 1530 -1600
    How the heck are we go to have a softball league that plays in a state without lights if not everyone is available to play at the same time?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

An AP-NORC poll from late 2019 found that just 31% of Americans wanted to move to daylight saving time all year around. That beat out the 28% who wanted to keep switching back and forth between daylight saving and standard time, but trailed 40% who yearned for standard time all year around.

Year round Standard Time FTW

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

An AP-NORC poll from late 2019 found that just 31% of Americans wanted to move to daylight saving time all year around. That beat out the 28% who wanted to keep switching back and forth between daylight saving and standard time, but trailed 40% who yearned for standard time all year around.

Year round Standard Time FTW
    I don’t think that is a winner at all. 60% are for DST just divided on how to get there…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How the heck are we go to have a softball league that plays in a state without lights if not everyone is available to play at the same time?
    Well, let us just **** everybody else so you can conveniently schedule your extracurricular activities

Take up tennis, then you only have to find one person who is available when you are

Top Bottom