• ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I still find it amusing that rather than start working an hour earlier, the answer is to change the clocks to achieve your goal.
    There are many people that do not have a say in what time their work starts or ends. I was always flexible that way but try putting together a softball team or any group of people for an activity. You have to allow for their work schedules.
    Some people would find it amusing that you think everybody's schedule is flexible.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Maybe it's different where you live but around these parts it's still light at "sunset" for quite some time. Sunset isn't instant darkness.
    Maybe you missed that I mentioned Twilight (twice).
    Maybe you didn't know that Twilight is the time between Sunset and darkness. It is divided into three parts - Civil twilight, Nautical Twilight and Astronomical Twilight. Each is approximately 6 degrees of the Earth's rotation and they each have their own level of light.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There are many people that do not have a say in what time their work starts or ends. I was always flexible that way but try putting together a softball team or any group of people for an activity. You have to allow for their work schedules.
    Some people would find it amusing that you think everybody's schedule is flexible.
    We always played softball under lights anyway.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I find it ironic that people complain that a twice a year time shift upsets their circadian rhythm but have no problem staying up late on almost all Friday and/or Saturday nights, or getting up an hour or two early several times a year to hunt or fish, or to start on a vacation trip.

I am not arguing for DST, just making an observation about human nature.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I find it ironic that people complain that a twice a year time shift upsets their circadian rhythm but have no problem staying up late on almost all Friday and/or Saturday nights, or getting up an hour or two early several times a year to hunt or fish, or to start on a vacation trip.

I am not arguing for DST, just making an observation about human nature.
    Username checks out.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Try doing the scheduling for a 1,265 bed hospital with 70 operating rooms and a level 1 trauma center. That is a lot of people that are simply told when to be there.
    Mike's wants an extra hour when he gets home. He hasn't said if he sets his own schedule or it's strict 8-5.

Hospitals are mostly shift workers?do you think shift workers care about 8-5ers?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Mike's wants an extra hour when he gets home. He hasn't said if he sets his own schedule or it's strict 8-5.

Hospitals are mostly shift workers?do you think shift workers care about 8-5ers?
    I didn't.

got tired of a new bigwig coming in and saying, well I want 7 to3 for days.
    then next boss comes in and wants 8 to 4 for day.
    and so on.

Once again, I wanted them to SET and LEAVE.
    I really didn't care where.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    And...
    are they REALLY mostly shift workers?

There's a LOT of admin and tech weinies.
    For those that aren't, they probably have flexibility in work hours and work from home options. The few I know that work for IU and Ascension do.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    For those that aren't, they probably have flexibility in work hours and work from home options. The few I know that work for IU and Ascension do.
    With us, different groups worked different hours.
    but within that group.. it was pretty well set. If you wanted to come in an hour early, okay. But, you're only paid for the 8, and your relief is still showing up at his time.
    And no leaving till your relief was there.

Top Bottom