• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I had one stolen this year, I called the dnr dispatch and they called a CO, the CO contacted me a few minutes later and went to the guys house that stole it since I knew who it was. I didnt get the stand back but the CO straightened everything out and havent had any problems since

How was everything straightened out if you didn't get you stand back???? sounds like you still got screwed to me

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    This is my take an experience.....The parent flat out lied. Seen too many parents literally teach their kids to steal......kids get caught, parents makes up story, kids and parents get off the hook. Your neighbors are thieves, they will do it again in a heartbeat, keep your place locked up and hope they move soon. They may be in your house next...get a camera....for your house.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    These people are new and live probably 3/4 mile from me. I'm home most of the time. I also have my house alarm and 3 dogs. Also, my neighbors keep an eye on things.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    How was everything straightened out if you didn't get you stand back???? sounds like you still got screwed to me[/QUOTE

Apparently there was no proof that the stand was mine. The way I found out he stole it was because he confronted me in the woods accusing me of trespassing. He admitted to me that he took it down from the property. He lied to the CO and denied it, I haven't had any issues since I reported it. Im just happy he stopped screwing with us, it was ticking te land owner off so bad that I almost lost my rights to hunt that property

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    How was everything straightened out if you didn't get you stand back???? sounds like you still got screwed to me[/QUOTE

Apparently there was no proof that the stand was mine. The way I found out he stole it was because he confronted me in the woods accusing me of trespassing. He admitted to me that he took it down from the property. He lied to the CO and denied it, I haven't had any issues since I reported it. Im just happy he stopped screwing with us, it was ticking te land owner off so bad that I almost lost my rights to hunt that property

I see.
    Yep that happens a lot, some guy try to run someone off etc and the landowner gets ticked and says enough is enough
    well glad it stopped for your sake

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I see.
    Yep that happens a lot, some guy try to run someone off etc and the landowner gets ticked and says enough is enough
    well glad it stopped for your sake

The CO said if I have anymore issues to call and file harassment charges. I can report him for trespassing but the CO said the landowners must be contacted to find out if they want to press charges. He stole my stand and all the pegs and also stole the pegs from my other stand. Before I reported it he would let all of his dogs out in the woods when he would see me pull up. He's tried everything to screw this up for me so he can hunt it again.

Top Bottom