• RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Alright. Just got home and this was in my driveway:
    2012-12-23_18-00-39_927.jpg

The thieves are a couple of 12 year olds. The CO caught up with them in Mooreland. One of the parents took the boys and the stand to Mooreland. The parent thought the stand belonged to the other kid.

I told the CO that I would be satisfied as long as my stand was returned in the same shape it was taken in and my cable lock was replaced. It looks in good shape but I will check it better in the morning and they left a new cable lock.

I really hope the CO had a good talk with them and they don't do something like this again.

Big thanks to CO Young for getting my stand back to me!

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    That's great, I'm glad things worked out for you.
    Hopefully those kids learned a valuable lesson and won't try that crap ever again.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Glad to hear it ended well!
    I thought the farm house owners took it because they didn't want you hunting out there.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    That's good news. I would think in a situation like this you should be allowed to verbally scold the boys. Nothing like being yelled at by a stranger at 12! Hope they aren't let off Scott free.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    If you can get a chance to talk to the misguided yoots, why not suggest they start working now to buy a stand like that for next season, and then offer to take them out hunting. We could always use more hunting fans.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Yea different name for every state. Just like it can be the department of fish and game, or department of wildlife, or department of natural resources. I entered college with the intention to go for a career as a game warden/conservation officer/wildlife officer getting a B.S, with the state of CA, IN, MI, KY, or TN but it's a competitive field with limited spots ( except CA they were short, when I checked last ). But I changed my mind and figured I better go for an A.S and work with a county or local agency, doing my B.S part time. This way I have the benefit of the degree and the work experience. I don't think I want to go to school full time for 4 years with the hopes a spot will be available, and the state will hire me right off the bat. Think going local or county first is the best bet.

Top Bottom