• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    The guy had several other guns; a "cache" according to the media. Did he buy all of those via private sale? If not then he would have had to get the background check. This argument of he used a gun bought in a Target parking lot and we need UBCs becomes pointless. This also applies if he COULD have passed a background check. Was he precluded in anyway of owning a firearm?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Well if this is the rifle used, the libs finally have a case that they have been complaining about. Pretty much all of the other mass shooters bought their guns from dealers with the full background check. It was hard to talk up universal background checks, outlawing private transactions, when none of the guns were bought that way.

would he have been denied through NICS or had to lie on a 4473?

-rvb

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A good deal of concern trolling by the Indy Channel this morning, capitalizing on recent events.

So here, have an archive link to their article

What to do in Indiana when you're pulled over with a gun

And of course they go with "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

Wonder who put this story together?

"Whether the gun is in the glove box or sitting in the front seat or on the center console, police say you should tell them about it – and don't make any sudden movements toward it."

They don't even mention the safest way to be carrying the handgun. In a holster.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    would he have been denied through NICS or had to lie on a 4473?

-rvb
    I can't think of any reason. Honorable discharge. No prior criminal record. Not ruled mentally ill. Not a known drug addict. Of age to purchase a firearm.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    Did anyone see this from last night? In Baltimore, police respond to shots fired call. Then man starts to shoot at the responding officers. The cops kill the man and post a pic of the firearm recovered from the scene. its an AR pistol, I zoomed in and didn't see any serial or other markings on the lower. Possible 80%????

Baltimore Police Kill Man Who Fired on Them With 'AR-15-Style' Rifle - NBC News

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Did anyone see this from last night? In Baltimore, police respond to shots fired call. Then man starts to shoot at the responding officers. The cops kill the man and post a pic of the firearm recovered from the scene. its an AR pistol, I zoomed in and didn't see any serial or other markings on the lower. Possible 80%????

Baltimore Police Kill Man Who Fired on Them With 'AR-15-Style' Rifle - NBC News

not a "normal" ar lower. looks like a carbon model. sometimes those put the SN is places other than the left side of magwell.
    edit: 308?
    -rvb

What are the chances its stolen? I'm going with 80%.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Well if this is the rifle used, the libs finally have a case that they have been complaining about. Pretty much all of the other mass shooters bought their guns from dealers with the full background check. It was hard to talk up universal background checks, outlawing private transactions, when none of the guns were bought that way.

I've often wondered aobut UBC's and "private transactions". If someone is intending to commit a crime with a gun, arent they gone to acquire one illegally, one way or another, anyway? Seems like UBC's aer only going to affect law abiding gun sellers and purchasers.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've often wondered aobut UBC's and "private transactions". If someone is intending to commit a crime with a gun, arent they gone to acquire one illegally, one way or another, anyway? Seems like UBC's aer only going to affect law abiding gun sellers and purchasers.

I've pointed that out to proponents of UBCs.
    They usually reply with something like, "Well, we have to do SOMETHING!"

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    looks like maybe an 80% polymer lower??
    [edited] https://genesiscnc.com/product/polymer-80-ar-15/
    That looks like it to me. Any thoughts on what this may do to the 80% market?

nada. who knows about the legality in MD anyway. they have an AWB and registration. If I remember I'll ask my good friend who's still living behind the iron curtain. Once I escaped back to America I stopped following their laws so closely. Used to be 80% builds were legal, but I don't know with their new AWB.

-rvb

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I've pointed that out to proponents of UBCs.
    They usually reply with something like, "Well, we have to do SOMETHING!"

The disdain they use to talk down to gun owners kinda betrays them. They act as if it's a kind of punishment. They got to get something passed, anything. Just some way to win something. And some of the most ridiculous laws read more like they want people to accidentally break the law.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The purpose of UBC is a stepping stone to full blown registration since it is unenforceable otherwise.

Top Bottom