• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waait.... I was around back then and listened to them. That's a distinction without a difference according to the lyrics I heard. :D

911 is Joke is about as bad as I can remember. They certainly weren't NWA or Ice T

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Which is why I am stating LEO shouldn't aim to intimidate. Ever. All it takes is one stone to perpetuate things.
    To some people any police officer is intimidating. Does that mean we should have no police presence at events that have a higher than average chance of violence?

At Dallas police wore a standard uniform rather than riot gear to avoid being too intimidating. While I think that did work, better (and more intimidating) body armor would have provided better ballistic protection and could have saved lives.

I think we can agree LEO shouldn't try to scare the protestors, but there are always going to be those afraid of any officer of the law for whatever reason.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. There's medium to be found between no police presence and an overbearing police presence.

Dallas seemed to be striking a happy medium with that until the shooting started.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If that's the national organization website, they haven't planned any events. Their July calendar is empty... wouldn't that make every BLM event in the past few days unsanctioned? C'mon Jamil, a website does not an organization make.

It seems to be a work in progress. You know, the website.

There are local chapters. The local chapters even call themselves local chapters, which implies they recognize themselves as part of some kind of hierarchy. It doesn't appear to me that they have a strong centralized organization. They seem to be more organized as a confederacy of local chapters, much more like fraternities, where the local chapters mostly determine their own membership requirements, and bylaws, and deciding for themselves if they'll adopt the national organization's policy of not alowing whites to join officially, though I'm sure they'll encourage taking their money in donations.

Kut, I'll be blunt here, to me it seems like the thing that makes you say that BLM isn't an organization, is that you already believed it wasn't. It's clear to me they are an organization. I didn't know either way until this morning. Seeing you guys arguing is/is not, I wanted to see for myself. I first googled "how to join BLM". I figured if you can officially "join" it, by definition, it's an organization. And that's how I found the national website.

I think given what we both know about it now, I don't see how you can continue to say BLM is not more than just a movement of like minded individuals. It is an organization of local chapters, whose members pretty much look the same, and have some common mindsets. Given enough time, organizationally, we might not find much difference between them and the KKK. Organizationally. Of course their ideologies would be 180 degrees apart.

That said, I doubt the current BLM official membership is anywhere near the number of people who identify with BLM, and support them in some way. People just don't officially join stuff. Well, unless you have to joint to get free ****. Point is, I think you're partly right that most people who identify with BLM aren't official members of an organization. They just consider themselves part of a mindset.

But there is an organization. And they recruit. And they're growing. And they need to offer free toasters if they want people to join in higher numbers. That works. Years ago my wife wanted me to join a credit union to get a free toaster.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    911 is Joke is about as bad as I can remember. They certainly weren't NWA or Ice T

Go back and listen to.... oh what was the name of that jam... .

Oh, and hold up. BLM didn't organize the protest.

Next Generation Action Network |

Next Generation Action Network |
    Dallas, Texas stands in solidarity with Baton Rouge, the family of
    the deceased, Alton Sterling, and all of the communities constantly
    terrorized by police brutality.

Minister Dominique Alexander, Rev. Dr. Jeff Hood, and other local
    organizations will meet at Belo Garden Park to support the family in
    their efforts to seek answers and resolve for the continued targeting,
    racial profiling, and outright murder of citizens the hands of
    overzealous police officers, who are rarely, if ever, held accountable
    for their crimes.

We demand justice.

When:
    Thursday 7/7/16
    Where:
    Belo Garden Park
    1014 Main St, Dallas, TX 75202
    Time:
    7:00pm – 9:00pm
    For more information please call: 214-723-4449 or email info@thengan.com

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Every news organization and the administration is going out of their way to describe this as a "peaceful protest," with every comment. Weren't those at the protest chanting hateful speech?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Back to Dallas

Are they not talking about the other three suspects anymore? Lot of focus on the one dead one.

Were the other three not involved, or just alleged suspects being questioned?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    New York Times covering, and creating, a race war in real time.

Cm0b8CXVMAEzvrk.jpg:large

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You knew this was coming...

Man Legally Carrying Rifle Misidentified as Dallas Shooting Suspect ? Now He Wants an Apology From Police | TheBlaze.com

I support him carrying the rifle.

Can't support moaning about cops wanting to talk to him. Carrying a rifle in public is a rather uncommon act and when it just so happens to be around the time ten people -- cops or not -- get shot, someone is gonna have questions.

I can totally see this both ways (which I'm sure surprises no one). They should probably apologize for the initial tweet that labeled him a "suspect." But, in the moment, one of the only guys (maybe THE only guy) visible with a long arm is definitely someone they'd want to talk to.

The PD should apologize along the lines of, "We're sorry this law abiding citizen got caught up in a terrible tragedy that inconvenienced him while we investigated the deaths of our police brothers." Guilt-trip the hell out of him.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I can totally see this both ways (which I'm sure surprises no one). They should probably apologize for the initial tweet that labeled him a "suspect." But, in the moment, one of the only guys (maybe THE only guy) visible with a long arm is definitely someone they'd want to talk to.

The PD should apologize along the lines of, "We're sorry this law abiding citizen got caught up in a terrible tragedy that inconvenienced him while we investigated the deaths of our police brothers." Guilt-trip the hell out of him.

I would be content with a "clarification" of his "role" or lack thereof...

"We have spoken with Mr. Hughes, who kindly contacted us when he learned we wanted to talk to him. After discussing the night's events, we determined that Mr. Hughes had no involvement in this terrible tragedy and appreciate his proactive approach under difficult circumstances for our community. Again, Mr. Hughes had no involvement in this terrible event and was only exercising his 1st and 2nd Amendment rights, which this department fully supports."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I would be content with a "clarification" of his "role" or lack thereof...

"We have spoken with Mr. Hughes, who kindly contacted us when he learned we wanted to talk to him. After discussing the night's events, we determined that Mr. Hughes had no involvement in this terrible tragedy and appreciate his proactive approach under difficult circumstances for our community. Again, Mr. Hughes had no involvement in this terrible event and was only exercising his 1st and 2nd Amendment rights, which this department fully supports."
    Appeaser.

;)

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    Another: Gunman in vehicle shoots at Georgia officer.

I don't know how often police get shot, but this seems in quick succession.

E.O.W's happen quite often.

But as stated many times.... if it's not on a media agenda, it won't be reported.

Top Bottom