• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I heard a story not too long ago about a pharmacy employee (CVS maybe?) who was carrying against company policy, stopped an armed robbery saving several employees and customers, and was fired for carrying on the job. It's pretty sad that companies can't see the benefit if armed employees even after a robbery is stopped with a firearm

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I heard a story not too long ago about a pharmacy employee (CVS maybe?) who was carrying against company policy, stopped an armed robbery saving several employees and customers, and was fired for carrying on the job. It's pretty sad that companies can't see the benefit if armed employees even after a robbery is stopped with a firearm

Walgreens and I believe it was Elkhart or St. Joe County. If I remember correctly, city of Elkhart. Walgreens on Nappanee street.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    To them it is all about liability.

Its cheaper for a business to pay the WC benefit claim for an employee killed when working, than having to litigate a wrongful death action brought by the family of the individual(s) engaged in armed robbery.

Kunkel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Indiana
    I just like how they are now investigating that the gun was registered properly seems like they are going to try to make the good guy look bad

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Its cheaper for a business to pay the WC benefit claim for an employee killed when working, than having to litigate a wrongful death action brought by the family of the individual(s) engaged in armed robbery.

Yep, for some companies it is purely a financial decision. Some probably can't even get insurance if they would allow their employees to carry. We can thank lawyers for that.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    If I were ever to be fired from a job for protecting or saving somebody(s) life due to me being armed or whatever, I would proudly wear that pink slip as a badge of honor and thank them for doing me a favor! There is always a bigger blessing down the road. ;)

In the end, you only have one person to answer to that matters.....

Kunkel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Indiana
    Ok so can anybody tell me code on this in indiana? I have a few guns I carry that were bought as gifts....just wondering if I got in this situation with one of those how it would look

Top Bottom