• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I would have been happier if they had traded down and gotten one of the other guys.

Maybe this will work out and this guy will end up being a good QB. Pace pretty much bet his job on this pick.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    8 wins I think. He's been schooled in the Pro Set style of play.
    Bears have a good running game so they should be able to keep him out of trouble somewhat.
    The upside with few college starts is lack of bad college habits. He should be easy to tutor to the pro game.

What most people consider to be top tier college quarterbacks haven't work out well in the NFL lately. makes sense, the college game is much different.

On the other hand, quarterbacks who were good in college, but not considered great, some of those are future Hall of Famers.

I like his size- he's NFL sized. I like what he did in college, but the 8 win thing? Doesn't worry me a bit.

It's wait and see. It's not very insightful to just write this off as a bad move.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What most people consider to be top tier college quarterbacks haven't work out well in the NFL lately. makes sense, the college game is much different.

On the other hand, quarterbacks who were good in college, but not considered great, some of those are future Hall of Famers.

I like his size- he's NFL sized. I like what he did in college, but the 8 win thing? Doesn't worry me a bit.

It's wait and see. It's not very insightful to just write this off as a bad move.
    QBs tend to get too much credit for Wins and too much blame for losses.

There are some questions about his arm strength and his ability to read coverages. Hopefully he is intelligent enough to learn how to read the defense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe Virginia thought he was cute?
    i don't get it. Did i hear he only had 13 starts at North Carolina?
    who does North Carolina play ? Duke ?...ok so he should be battle tested !!!

There are many rumors that many teams were trying to trade up with the 49ers to get him. Looking at the scouting reports, he could be a solid quarterback with comparisons to Matt Stafford. If he turns out to be that good, it would be a solid pick. He's 5th in accuracy. Top in accuracy at mid range. Threw 30 touchdowns ran for another 5. But he's unknown and he has some weak spots they'll need to get him to overcome. It doesn't sound like he does well under center. About all his passes were from shotgun. I guess going after any quarterback is a risk. I kinda think it was unwise, but we'll see how he turns out when they decide he's ready to play.

Top Bottom