• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I like him, but as a long-abused Bears fan, especially with regard to the QB position, I'm afraid to have hope again. Jay drained it from me...
    My son was an early Cutler believer and only recently has come to the light. Since his first season with the Bears I thought Cutler just wasn't the right guy to hang the franchise tag on. I'm not saying Deshaun is the right guy. Great college QBs have gone on to be duds in the NFL. But when you have a guy like him in the draft, and you have a shot at getting him, either way you go, you'll be damned if you get it wrong.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    My son was an early Cutler believer and only recently has come to the light. Since his first season with the Bears I thought Cutler just wasn't the right guy to hang the franchise tag on. I'm not saying Deshaun is the right guy. Great college QBs have gone on to be duds in the NFL. But when you have a guy like him in the draft, and you have a shot at getting him, either way you go, you'll be damned if you get it wrong.

Funny story...I was making a trek to Bradis the day the Bears acquired Cutler. I remember sitting in the parking lot listening to WSCR and not going in because the rumors were swirling about the trade. Went to the gas station just south of Bradis on 67 to not look suspicious sitting in a gun shop parking lot with bulging eyes talking to myself and then Bernstein starts yelling something like, "They got Cutler! They got Cutler!" and I was like, "**** guns, the Bears have a QB!"

Took a couple of years for that thrill to wear off, but by 2011 it was long gone. :(

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I don't see a QB worthy of a 1st round pic this year.
    Look 'em over and no one stands out.
    Bears need too much O&D line help to throw away a 1st rd pick on a very avg QB that will take years to develop into an NFL qb.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Last time I felt like this about a draft pick, I was driving up St. Rd. 9 and they drafted David Terrell.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I sure hope Trubisky works out. Still puzzled that they moved up, but I read that Cleveland was trying to make a deal to move up to #2. I was really hoping they was going to get Jamaal Adams.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    And.... for everyone here pissed off and freakin' out about the draft pic.....

It's the Bears. They've broke my heart for decades, made me drop my jaw many many times, and once upon a time they made my world bright and as happy as it gets.
    I probably won't be around for the next Bears Super Bowl win but the one I saw made the fan love worth all of it.
    Yea, a kid growing up with a little black and white TV on legs was a Bears fan. Billy Wade, Willie Gallimore, Ed O', and the list goes on and on.
    Yea, it's the ****ing Chicago Bears again.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Maybe Virginia thought he was cute?
    i don't get it. Did i hear he only had 13 starts at North Carolina?
    who does North Carolina play ? Duke ?...ok so he should be battle tested !!!

8 wins I think. He's been schooled in the Pro Set style of play.
    Bears have a good running game so they should be able to keep him out of trouble somewhat.
    The upside with few college starts is lack of bad college habits. He should be easy to tutor to the pro game.

weedsnager

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 28, 2013
    Merrillville, In
    8 wins I think. He's been schooled in the Pro Set style of play.
    Bears have a good running game so they should be able to keep him out of trouble somewhat.
    The upside with few college starts is lack of bad college habits. He should be easy to tutor to the pro game.

John Fox ?, is that you ?... I didn't know you had an account on here....Lol

Top Bottom