Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Afternoon folks!

I ordered a Tikka T3X Lite in .308 this morning. I need to source a rail and then this will host the Sierra 3 BDX optic. It then will be used for hunting steel beyond 400 yards. I’m shopping right now to see where I can buy a package of skill to go with it. Nobody seems to sell that, so I’ll just have to build my own. :)
    Nice rifles. Good choice.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Looks like I get try out Athlon's warranty. During some scope comparisons this morning, I discovered a very interesting issue with the Helos BTR on my Tippmann rifle. While rotating the magnification ring, you can easily see the entire image shifting quite a bit and rotating also. You can wiggle the mag ring slightly and watch everything jump around. My other Helos scope on the CZ 457 does not have this issue and also has considerably more resistance when turning. I'm kinda disappointed in myself that I just now noticed it.

Interested to hear if they stand by their warranty.

Afternoon folks!

I ordered a Tikka T3X Lite in .308 this morning. I need to source a rail and then this will host the Sierra 3 BDX optic. It then will be used for hunting steel beyond 400 yards. I’m shopping right now to see where I can buy a package of skill to go with it. Nobody seems to sell that, so I’ll just have to build my own. :)

Gratz on the new rifle! This is going to be a fun year testing out our new .308s :cool:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Some of us have old people eyes despite not being that old yet. :(
    Must be all that time looking for a man. (Sorry, but it was right there.)

You guys are making me want a bolt action rifle. I mean, it was already on the list but now it’s moving higher up. Great influences!
    FIFY. Those Tikka T3Xs can be had pretty reasonably..

My antivirus blocked that Tacticon site... :dunno:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I tested my .30-06 reloads today. My shoulder isn't the happiest but it's getting better. I think I've settled on 44gr of H4895 under a 168gr bullet. Felt good to get out and shoot, wasn't too cold and we were dressed for it. Good day.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    You guys are making me want a bolt action rifle. I mean, it was already on the list but now it’s moving higher up. Bad influences!
    Definitely not a bad idea in these days and times. I'm researching some .223 bolt actions, like to add one.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I tested my .30-06 reloads today. My shoulder isn't the happiest but it's getting better. I think I've settled on 44gr of H4895 under a 168gr bullet. Felt good to get out and shoot, wasn't too cold and we were dressed for it. Good day.
    You do any deer hunting with it? My old man started loading, but I don't think he's done much load development. He just went to middle of the road loadings for E-tips, Partitions, and something else in .30-06.

Definitely not a bad idea in these days and times. I'm researching some .223 bolt actions, like to add one.
    Why not something with a little more oomph/ distance capabilities? I guess with an -06 you have the oomph down.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    You do any deer hunting with it? My old man started loading, but I don't think he's done much load development. He just went to middle of the road loadings for E-tips, Partitions, and something else in .30-06.

Why not something with a little more oomph/ distance capabilities? I guess with an -06 you have the oomph down.
    No I've not hunted with it. I'm the same way, just wanted a "softer" load somewhere in the middle. As far as .223, I load for it already and I feel like I'd shoot it more as it'd be more comfortable. I think .223 distances would be fine for me really. Reach out as far as I'd want to go :)

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Picked up 160rds of Old Grand-dad today. My m77 favors the 180gr stuff over the 150gr. I don't reload so I'm limited to factory offerings.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Fair enough. I don't do a lot of all day range trips. The only reason I got a .223 was for the smaller framed family members to be able to use without concern about recoil.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You guys are making me want a bolt action rifle. I mean, it was already on the list but now it’s moving higher up. Bad influences!
    I’ve been thinking the same, but that would require adding another caliber or trying to buy ammo for en existing caliber... So I’ll just settle with playing with a .22 bolt gun. If you don’t have one, I’d start there. Great fun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom