Not open for further replies.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    No room/time to reload.
    I have three benches all semi-set up. One for brewing, One for guns. and One I intend to set up for reloading.

I’ve been shooting mainly reloads for years and in some calibers, have not shot commercial in a while. I keep some .40 commercial around just in case I want to shoot someone else’s gun but it’s been pure reloads for a long time on that caliber.
    Any opinions on the 40 sizing dies? I was think about getting the fancy Redding .357 Sig / .40 / 10mm sizing set. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012420742?pid=231187

Yes we are all good to go. Feel good, taste and smell are back. Thank you for asking. :)

I've just started on .30-06, takes a lot of powder! I feel sort of dorky reloading .380 but it always seems expensive and hard to find in stock somewhere. Use the same powder and primers as 9mm so I figured why not. Just out does and projectiles.
    Glad you're both doing better. I feel that the non 9mm calibers make more sense to load. The higher to cost per round for range ammo, the more it seems to make sense to me.

I'm off to bed. Enjoy your night, All!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Speaking of reloading. Many of you remember my friend who suffered a ruptured brain aneurism in 2019. My family is visiting him tomorrow. His wife has came to the grim realization that he will never shoot a gun ever again. She is ready to begin parting with his reloading materials along with some other odds and ends, like holsters. She isn't ready to sell any guns or ammo yet, because she is still capable of using them, but I'm going to look at what they have and give her some advice on what she should consider moving along or keeping for defensive purposes. It's probably going to be a mixed emotions visit, partly due to me being happy to help, but also sad that life has dealt them the cards they have.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    .380 is fun to load. Back when .22lr was hard to find, I was plinking with a couple of .380s and cranking out ammo for under $5 a box. I had a PPK that I ran a bunch of reloads through as did some Bersa’s back in the day.
    Yeah they are fun, just not as "cool" as .45, .223:)

I use 3gr TiteGroup under a 95gr pill. Fairly economical.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Speaking of bourbon, I found Rare Eagle today for $41.00. I seem to recall TT mentioning that it was good. I almost picked it up but since I wasnt sure and since I'm about to try to lose weight I left it. Is it good? How is the price?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have three benches all semi-set up. One for brewing, One for guns. and One I intend to set up for reloading.

Any opinions on the 40 sizing dies? I was think about getting the fancy Redding .357 Sig / .40 / 10mm sizing set. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012420742?pid=231187

Glad you're both doing better. I feel that the non 9mm calibers make more sense to load. The higher to cost per round for range ammo, the more it seems to make sense to me.

I'm off to bed. Enjoy your night, All!
    If I had "ANY" available bench space.

This is one view of my shop. The box is for the 14 year old G-daughter so she can lock up her art supply's from the terrorists..\
    The bench looks cluttered but 2 AR's and a 1911 are on it right now.
    No room for other things.

IMG_4120.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If I had "ANY" available bench space.

This is one view of my shop. The box is for the 14 year old G-daughter so she can lock up her art supply's from the terrorists..\
    The bench looks cluttered but 2 AR's and a 1911 are on it right now.
    No room for other things.

View attachment 123168
    A well-used space, where Zen happens ! :thumbsup:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...If you all want primers but haven't been able to get them that Discord server is pretty awesome....
    Shhhhhh.......the more people using it, the less chance I have of getting things.

I Lots of powder showed up yesterday at a couple of places and I missed every time I tried. I blew my best chance to succeed by checking to see if a 2nd powder was available to spread out the hazmat fee. Caused me to miss the 8 lbs I wanted the most. The prices are good but once hazmat and shipping is added, I don't want to be ordering a single pound of powder to try out. A week back I just went for one item at a time and paid dearly for it and was able to get lots of items.

The number of people using the discord has doubled in the last two weeks. It will be worthless in short order as too many of us are competing for the same things.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Sorry to hear you were up so early bandit. I woke up at 2:30am when Monica came in from hanging out with some friends, but thankfully managed to fall back to sleep until a few minutes ago. Getting ready for breakfast with 88 and a couple other buddies here in a bit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :coffee:

Rolling west to "B" town this morning and filling the truck bed with some HotRod parts for the ongoing 64 S/S Impala restoration/HotRodization project.

Then more work on the box for the 14 year old.

Guns on the bench calling to me.....:runaway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom