Not open for further replies.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    If I had "ANY" available bench space.

This is one view of my shop. The box is for the 14 year old G-daughter so she can lock up her art supply's from the terrorists..\
    The bench looks cluttered but 2 AR's and a 1911 are on it right now.
    No room for other things.
    As soon as I typed that I thought, "Yeah, but he's got a lot more equipment than I do."

Morning, All. I'll make a quick powder run in a bit.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Top of the morning, gangsters ! :wavey:

In gun talk, I have my BCM on the Tipton maintenance stand, and will continue to add various accessories today.
    Yesterday, it received a Holosun advanced micro-dot and a set of Magpul BUIS.
    These, I consider 'p!ace holders', until the fun funds will allow what I really want......a Trijicon Accupoint, and some Troy micro-flip steel BUIS.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Here's a good source for optics info/comparisons. Have coffee ready, he can put you to sleep. But, the info is really good. Some of his videos are in Russian, although he'll do the same video in English, just a heads up. I've seen him around for years while perusing thru the SnipersHide forum. He is a wealth of knowledge.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ikoshkinDLO/videos

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

In gun talk, I have my BCM on the Tipton maintenance stand, and will continue to add various accessories today.
    These, I consider 'p!ace holders', until the fun funds will allow what I really want......a Trijicon Accupoint, and some Troy micro-flip steel BUIS.
    A cloudy winter Saturday at the gun bench. What could be better.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Hey CM.....when you get to the gun bench later today, will you put some old rock n' roll on the stereo ? I bet that you will, because that's what us old :oldwise: cool :cool: guys do !
    Am I right, am I right ?
    Then, when a favorite song comes on, we pause, and rock our head/body from side-to-side. Am I right, am I right ? ;)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Howdy folks. Hauling in aluminum scrap this morning. One of the parts trucks I bought awhile back came with a bed full of old beer cans. I’m about half way through and calling it enough for one day. Load the girls up in the truck then get some lunch after. Thinkin tacos. Then maybe work on the new beater, trying to get the heater to work...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey CM.....when you get to the gun bench later today, will you put some old rock n' roll on the stereo ? I bet that you will, because that's what us old :oldwise: cool :cool: guys do !
    Am I right, am I right ?
    Then, when a favorite song comes on, we pause, and rock our head/body from side-to-side. Am I right, am I right ? ;)
    Proper music sets the tone for the tasks at hand.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

Some folks have all the fun.

I did discover and immediately order this today for obvious reasons.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Haha....that's cool !

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

My ‘98 could prolly use this. Pics when you get in installed or I’m going to report every post of yours from now on.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have three benches all semi-set up. One for brewing, One for guns. and One I intend to set up for reloading.

Any opinions on the 40 sizing dies? I was think about getting the fancy Redding .357 Sig / .40 / 10mm sizing set. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012420742?pid=231187

Glad you're both doing better. I feel that the non 9mm calibers make more sense to load. The higher to cost per round for range ammo, the more it seems to make sense to me.

I'm off to bed. Enjoy your night, All!

I have two sets. A set of Lee dies for .40 and Dillon dies for 10mm but they are really interchangeable. The Dillon are better dies and smoother in operation. But, I’ve cranked out thousands of rounds with the Lee and they work just as well. If I had it to do again though, I’d go Dillon with all of my dies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Looks like I get try out Athlon's warranty. During some scope comparisons this morning, I discovered a very interesting issue with the Helos BTR on my Tippmann rifle. While rotating the magnification ring, you can easily see the entire image shifting quite a bit and rotating also. You can wiggle the mag ring slightly and watch everything jump around. My other Helos scope on the CZ 457 does not have this issue and also has considerably more resistance when turning. I'm kinda disappointed in myself that I just now noticed it.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I have two sets. A set of Lee dies for .40 and Dillon dies for 10mm but they are really interchangeable. The Dillon are better dies and smoother in operation. But, I’ve cranked out thousands of rounds with the Lee and they work just as well. If I had it to do again though, I’d go Dillon with all of my dies.
    Good to know. Maybe post-post graduate degree I will invest in higher quality dies. I bought them when it was "well, this is available."

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Looks like I get try out Athlon's warranty. During some scope comparisons this morning, I discovered a very interesting issue with the Helos BTR on my Tippmann rifle. While rotating the magnification ring, you can easily see the entire image shifting quite a bit and rotating also. You can wiggle the mag ring slightly and watch everything jump around. My other Helos scope on the CZ 457 does not have this issue and also has considerably more resistance when turning. I'm kinda disappointed in myself that I just now noticed it.
    Having worked on camera lenses, this sounds like a lens element has come loose within its' mount. Bummer !

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Afternoon folks!

I ordered a Tikka T3X Lite in .308 this morning. I need to source a rail and then this will host the Sierra 3 BDX optic. It then will be used for hunting steel beyond 400 yards. I’m shopping right now to see where I can buy a package of skill to go with it. Nobody seems to sell that, so I’ll just have to build my own. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom