Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For anyone that hasn’t used a ballistics calculator, the following is the type of info it generates based upon your input date.

After a little fine tuning, it can be very accurate and, while you still need to make the shoot and read the wind, this sure gets you to 98%.

In this example, a 500 yard shot with a ten mph crosswind (like that ever happens exactly).

Gives you clicks to dial or holdover on your selected reticle.

85f1c9d9d61328207f127c689319c94b.png

b30aaf18692cd308c6988f80b7e60795.png
    The laser rangefinder I have supports custom profiles and gives the same info with 1 press of the button. Pair it with your phone and it loads the weather and winds.

I really like this but want to build the skills to not need it

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The laser rangefinder I have supports custom profiles and gives the same info with 1 press of the button. Pair it with your phone and it loads the weather and winds.

I really like this but want to build the skills to not need it

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Be like an Indian. Throw a handful of dusty dirt into the air, and judge the wind for yourself ! :thumbsup:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Here's a ballistic calculator I like using at home. You can set all the parameters and set the chart up the way you like. The chart makes it easy for me to visualize how different zero points work out down range. If the "preset" shows 30-06, ignore it.

http://www.shooterscalculator.com/b...bf;Vel[x+y]~ft/s&lbl=&submitst=+Create+Graph+

By including my sight height above the bore and chrono results, this gave me very close data for my Kidd rifle setup shooting SK Long Range Match ammo...

http://www.shooterscalculator.com/b...+LR+high+scope/SK-LRM&submitst=+Create+Chart+
    That's nice

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Did they write back to you?
    Used the online chat, didn't like the answer they gave, had a supervisor call me. They refunded my shipping, but I have to wait until February 11th to ask for a refund on the order if I don't see the package by then. They told me they have a bunch of packages that left and have been sitting at a USPS sorting facility. Mine is from last Saturday, six days ago.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Used the online chat, didn't like the answer they gave, had a supervisor call me. They refunded my shipping, but I have to wait until February 11th to ask for a refund on the order if I don't see the package by then. They told me they have a bunch of packages that left and have been sitting at a USPS sorting facility. Mine is from last Saturday, six days ago.
    Dang. That sucks.

Even after sorted, I've had things sit for 2 days at the Lafayette Post Office. Then apparently was one the truck for another two days.

I hope it gets processed soon.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Random question, but do you guys know any law savvy people who would be willing to answer some questions about what various charges mean? I have a few that frequently come up in client files, but don't really know what exactly they entail. I'd like to be more knowledgeable about what I'm looking at during assessments.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Global Ordnance is next on my list to call. Everything I ordered from the 16th came in last week, except some Glock mags. Called them Monday and was told they were shipping out that day, no email updates or anything online on the order screen still.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom