• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Is the barrel that difficult to fit up. I thought 1911 barrels were tough but I have done several with good results. Well, so far anyway.

It doesn't make sense to me. On a production gun they have a tub of barrels and a tub of slides and they slap them together right? Why would slapping a different barrel in there cause such a problem?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It could be the timing that might need tweaking. On the CZ gunsmithing video I have, it talks about altering the shape of the cutout where the slide stop passes through to correct issues in timing IIRC. It's been a while though. Other than that, you would think it would be pretty straight forward.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It could be the timing that might need tweaking. On the CZ gunsmithing video I have, it talks about altering the shape of the cutout where the slide stop passes through to correct issues in timing IIRC. It's been a while though. Other than that, you would think it would be pretty straight forward.

I am no gunsmith. I have a good friend that does all the work on my CZs and in turn I buy him parts. Best I can do is a field strip and clean.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just ordered a cz sp01 tactical! Can't wait to get it!

I don't think I like you. You may not join the CZickness club, because you bought the same gun that I wanted, and now I'm jealous.

So as unto the time that I myself am bequeathed an SP01 Tactical you shall not join us!

Kidding, fine you can join. On one condition...

Post lots of pics!

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Good points on the worn out barrels. I was not considering that in the cost. In the past, I had very good luck with ex-police CZs and was assuming these would be no different but there's a big difference in ex-mil and ex-police. Police guns get carried a lot but shot little and military guns tend to get carried little but shot a lot. I just ran the numbers and to do what I had in mind, it is actually north of $1000. That would be for the full CGW treatment, VZ grips, HD sights and sending it out for NibX. It got expensive quickly and it would be a waste to do that to a gun with a marginal barrel.

On the bright side, it looks like CZ is turning out a better Retro CZ 75 now: CZ-USA CZ75B RETRO 9mm 16RD *LTD $556.00 SHIPS FREE This one does not look like it's using a standard CZ 75B slide.

Cancel that. It's the same slide as the last 'almost' retro.
    Just handled one of the Retro"s really nice stock triggers!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And the disease continues to spread...

You know I am a dyed in the wool 1911 nut job and after a few range trips with Typhoid Mary (BA) I am succumbing to the :koolaid:
    It is a CZickness. There is no known cure at this time.

I will have to attend CZ's Anonomouse that is in the same basement of the church that has the 1911 Anonomouse meetings.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Christmas credit card debt has been paid in full!

Time to start a new gun fund!
    :rockwoot:

That is if I can keep from buying any new knives. Those ZT/Emerson collaborations have got my sweating.

Top Bottom