• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Picked up a CZ75P01......yes, CM has a 9mm.......yes, it is cajunized.

Congrats, CM!

Has anyone ordered the basic upgrade and done the instillation themselves?

The CGW Basic Upgrade Package
    This is our basic upgrade package that delivers a significantly improved DA and SA. We install our proven 3 - piece spring kit (SPGK1) and upgrade with one of our hammer kits. Please e-mail or call for details. Labor is included and all removed parts are returned. No polishing or tuning is performed, but delivers a significantly improved DA/SA.
    All CZ decockers - $150.00

New_DCP_Pics_003_411x307.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Congrats, CM!

Has anyone ordered the basic upgrade and done the instillation themselves?

The CGW Basic Upgrade Package
    This is our basic upgrade package that delivers a significantly improved DA and SA. We install our proven 3 - piece spring kit (SPGK1) and upgrade with one of our hammer kits. Please e-mail or call for details. Labor is included and all removed parts are returned. No polishing or tuning is performed, but delivers a significantly improved DA/SA.
    All CZ decockers - $150.00

New_DCP_Pics_003_411x307.jpg

From what I understand it is tedious but straight forward. The little spring lower right has a nickname un-printable here. Our local CZ whisperer named it.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Enabler......:)
    Yea there seems to be alot of people on here that are parents when we were kids would have said stay away from because we tend to enjoy spending way to much money on expensive toys! Wait, CM you are one of those bad kids! Plus Birds Away, Vert, llh1956, wtburnette, etc, Its not me after all I have been brain washed! Thank God I have seen the light, oh got to go Buds guns just sent me an email!psyko

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yea there seems to be alot of people on here that are parents when we were kids would have said stay away from because we tend to enjoy spending way to much money on expensive toys! Wait, CM you are one of those bad kids! Plus Birds Away, Vert, llh1956, wtburnette, etc, Its not me after all I have been brain washed! Thank God I have seen the light, oh got to go Buds guns just sent me an email!psyko

Woohoo! I made the list :D

:rockwoot:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    From what I understand it is tedious but straight forward. The little spring lower right has a nickname un-printable here. Our local CZ whisperer named it.
    I launched my 1st CGW TRS when I tried to install it along with CGW's trigger pivot pin. When the replacement(s) arrived I headed to YouTube for tips and tricks. The video I found was very helpful, but I can't seem to locate it. This one shows the same method, but the production quality isn't nearly as good. But using this method I've removed and installed the TRS 6-7 times w/o losing it. If you have the OEM trigger pin it probably won't wok as easily.
    [video=youtube;zFtOv0VRzM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFtOv0VRzM4[/video]

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I installed the CZ Custom "CZ 75 Competition Rear Sight" (part #10098) and "Fiber Optic Front Sight 1.0 x 6.5mm" (Part #10409) and I'm very happy with them. I use my SP-01 for USPSA and occasional EDC, and my old eyes find FO sights much more quickly that tritium.

Installation was straight forward, but the rear did require a good bit of filing on the rear bevel of the dovetail before it was anywhere close to being able to fit in the slide. I neglected to order the drill bit for the front sight from CZ Custom and didn't realize it till after the order had shipped. Amazon Prime to the rescue! They delivered the proper bits the day before the sights arrived, but I had to order 6 bits for a couple dollars more than the single from CZC would have cost... so if anyone needs a #47 drill bit, let me know.

Point of Impact was unchanged vs the OEM sights, but I can pick up the front much faster. They come in different heights and widths, and I think I'd be just as happy, and maybe more, with one that uses the 1.5mm FO rod (part #10087) instead of 1.0mm.

:ingo:

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Guns truly aren't rocket science. As long as you have more than just a basic knowledge and are mechanically inclined. When working on a new type of gun I never have before, it's not whether or not I can do it, it's how long it takes an how many times I have to reassemble and disassemble to get it just right.
    cm works on any 1911's for me period. I just don't wanna mess with them.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Guns truly aren't rocket science. As long as you have more than just a basic knowledge and are mechanically inclined. When working on a new type of gun I never have before, it's not whether or not I can do it, it's how long it takes an how many times I have to reassemble and disassemble to get it just right.

Agreed, that's why I included the part #'s I used. I spent more time checking, cross checking, and rechecking to make sure I ordered the correct sights than it took to install them!

Top Bottom