• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You said that about the RAMI but I swear I bought mine up in Rochester. But, I have been wrong before. :dunno: What other CZ did I buy from you?

I sold my CZ 97B to Losey ( I think that was his name) and I think you bought it off of him. It was a high polish blue CZ 97B. I'm sure you were the one that bought my Rami. That's when you let me see the nickel plated compact you have. The transfer was done at the Starbucks off of 65 (same place I met the gentleman I sold the 97B to).

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Had my baby out for a good cleaning. Man, she is so smooth now. Perfectly tuned and shot in to perfection. Man, I love this gun.

IMG_0273_zpsc0cf68bb.jpg

I'll take 1, please.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Never pay new gun price for used.
    So many folks think that a gun is worth what they paid for it after they are done using it.
    Even unfired in the box it is a used gun.

OK, so I am going to "poke the animal", in the eye....

In 1977, I paid $97.50 for my Ruger MkI. Is it not worth more today ?????

Also, in 1979, I paid $275.00 for my S&W Model 59, I see people trying to sell them north of $400.00 ?????

I have read EVERY post this afternoon ..... I think I am becoming ill .....

Last edited:

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County

Also, in 1979, I paid $275.00 for my S&W Model 59, I see people trying to sell them north of $400.00 ?????

I think CM was speaking of run of the mill firearms. Old S&W's are collectible.

A regular old used Ruger Mark1 is worth about $250 on a good day. $100 in 1977 dollars is a lot more than $250 2015 dollars. I know there's probably some inflation calculator that will say otherwise, but I just don't buy that.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Here, this will settle your tummy...:koolaid:. Don't let yourself get all worked up. While what he said is generally true, and even more so with the modern plastic fantastics, we all know there are exceptions to every rule. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

This is a bit diff. Current pricing on new and used will reflect on how we sell our guns.
    To me.....a 1979 gun if used the entire time is a "Well" used gun.
    To me (just me) unless it is some collectible it is worth less. Again...that is just me.
    I am constantly looking for mid 60's and later Springfield G-I's. They were well made and respond to tuning pretty well. Birds away has one I recently did. It is a shooter.
    When I find these guns the owners think they are worth new gun prices. I try not to laugh. Many have been very well used. I just shake their hand and tell them to call when reality checks in.
    Old and very used is that. Old and in fair shape is another but it is still "OLD"
    No knock on anything you may own.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville

Just my opinion but guns that are no longer available or collector pieces sure they are worth more than you paid for them. There again supply and demand, but if I can purchase new for 500.00 and you have one in the classifieds for 475.00 or even 450.00 just cant justify the savings and probably buying new!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Your gun regardless of what it is, how old it is or what you paid for it --- is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

I will throw this in for good measure. I have listed guns in the classifieds and gotten low ball offers. Some telling me that the gun is not worth the asking price. I have even sent back screen shots from Gunbroker showing people what the same used gun is actually selling for in real time in real life. I then put the word out to friends and family that I am selling a gun for X dollars several times I have done this and I sold the gun for original asking price and within a day, one gun within an hour.

Lesson is your gun is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. On INGO often less.

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just my opinion but guns that are no longer available or collector pieces sure they are worth more than you paid for them. There again supply and demand, but if I can purchase new for 500.00 and you have one in the classifieds for 475.00 or even 450.00 just cant justify the savings and probably buying new!

Still depends. I have bought used guns from the classifieds that looked like they had never been fired. Maybe the guy put a box of ammo though it, cleaned it, put it up and never shot it again. If it costs $500 in a shop, tax is $35 for $535 total. If I can get if for $450 in as new condition I will do that all day, saving $85. And often a used gun wil come with extras, mags, holsters etc. It just depends on the condition of the gun it is worth it or not.

Also people often forget to factor in every dime spent, in otherwords they forget to add in Tax, shipping, transfer fee etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Still depends. I have bought used guns from the classifieds that looked like they had never been fired. Maybe the guy put a box of ammo though it, cleaned it, put it up and never shot it again. If it costs $500 in a shop, tax is $35 for $535 total. If I can get if for $450 in as new condition I will do that all day, saving $85. And often a used gun wil come with extras, mags, holsters etc. It just depends on the condition of the gun it is worth it or not.

Also people often forget to factor in every dime spent, in otherwords they forget to add in Tax, shipping, transfer fee etc.

All true. Lightly or never used is one thing in itself. I love finding older 1911's in that condition. I still will not pay new price for them. I am anything but a low baller. I will geve what something is worth and usually not haggle much at all.
    Now......on ingo it can be a lot different.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just got back from MCFG where I ran 58 rounds through my CZ 75B Compact. I really love this gun. It's a lightly modded compact with a CGW RRK and Ultralite/SD kits with the 13# spring installed. I have not added the hammer yet because I kind of like the feel of it as it is now. Anyhoo, just thought I'd share. Love these early Friday range trips.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just got back from MCFG where I ran 58 rounds through my CZ 75B Compact. I really love this gun. It's a lightly modded compact with a CGW RRK and Ultralite/SD kits with the 13# spring installed. I have not added the hammer yet because I kind of like the feel of it as it is now. Anyhoo, just thought I'd share. Love these early Friday range trips.

Ahhh, today I will live vicariously through you, sir. I also love the CZ compact.

Top Bottom