• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    For those of you who own, carry, or have shot both, which do you prefer and why?

If Glock, is it mainly based on track record and reliability despite other shortcomings (ergos, trigger, small trigger guard)?

If CZ, is it mainly based on ergonomics, trigger and a larger trigger guard despite some of it's own shortcomings?

I ask because I have a Gen5 19 that is my EDC. It's the best feeling and shooting Glock I have ever owned. However, I still find myself having to rotate/twist my hand to work around the grip to get my trigger finger placed correctly on the trigger. I've gotten more acquainted with doing this, but it still bugs me that I have to do it at all and admittedly isn't a 100% natural thing for me. If I don't do this I will pull shots left. Add in the smaller trigger guard that causes my trigger finger to drag the inside bottom edge while pulling the trigger and the issue can compound, especially with a gloved hand. This has been an issue with every Glock I've ever shot, except the single stack 42 & 43. I do much better with a thinner grip and an enlarged trigger guard when it comes to this area. That being said, I still believe Glock is a very solid and reliable platform. I love the availability of holsters, sights and the inexpensive cost of mags (especially the Magpuls). I was super pumped to get a Gen5, but the last few weeks I have really been opening my eyes to something else that might be better for me, I think.

Which brings me to the CZ P10C. I like the trigger, trigger guard and ergos much better. I like that it's a Glock 19 size, because I've always been a big fan of compacts and that it can fit in 19 holsters (not all from what I've read). Things I don't like are the smaller sights (it's a CZ thing, I'm well aware) and lack of larger easier to pick up aftermarket sights, my favorite holster manufacturer doesn't make one for it (Raven Concealment Morrigan) and the slightly higher cost of mags. Add in a track record that isn't proven yet, is it?. My G19 holster might fit, but I have no way of checking unless I buy the CZ. I don't know that I want to replace the 19 with the CZ necessarily either, but I'm currently in this mindset that I don't need more than 2 defensive handguns, one for nightstand and one for carry (I just traded my nightstand gun, a 17 gen5, for an FN 509).

I know this all sounds super nit picky and probably stupid to most, but lend me your thoughts and insight Ingo.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well, if it's a proven design, readily available mags, lots of sight options and a healthy selection of holsters and accessories you are after (along with a G19 size):

veuxICt.png

:twocents:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Well, if it's a proven design, readily available mags, lots of sight options and a healthy selection of holsters and accessories you are after (along with a G19 size):

veuxICt.png

:twocents:

I really like the 2.0 and think Smith made some great improvements. I was heavily considering one when I bought my Glock. However I don't care for the factory trigger, specifically the curve of it. Also, the trigger guard is not much bigger than the Glocks. Otherwise the 2.0 is a homerun.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I would try to put a larger back strap on your Glock, they can make a difference in how you grip the gun and it may not shoot to the left for you any longer. I have shot both handguns and would carry both of them. They are a great size for carry and range use

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I would try to put a larger back strap on your Glock, they can make a difference in how you grip the gun and it may not shoot to the left for you any longer. I have shot both handguns and would carry both of them. They are a great size for carry and range use
    Adding any backstrap makes the problem worse as I'm having to rotate my hand around the already thick grip to get my trigger finger on the trigger more.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You probably already know my answer. The P10C hands down. I wanted to embrace the G19 and bought two of them, one for carry and the other for the range. But, the reliability was not great initially and even when it would run, it liked to pop me in the forehead with brass. I can live with that except for the fact that no matter how much I tried, I could not shoot it worth a darn. I could shoot my G23 well but when I shot the G19s, I'd throw most of the rounds into the dirt around the target. They were not confidence inspiring so I ended up trading both away and have never missed them.

The P10C was a different story. Where as I wanted to like the G19, I was put off by the new striker fired P10C when announced. Then a buddy of mine that runs a gun shop called and said they had just gotten the first batch in and I went down to just take a look with zero intentions of buying one. But, the thing felt good in my hand. Good as in really good. The way a CZ feels to someone that's never held one before. The trigger felt good and even if the slide release was stiff and mag release even stiffer, I bought it. The revelation came on the range. I'm a point shooter for SD practice and the P10C pointed so naturally for me that I almost had to work to miss the steel. The mag release and slide lock both wore in fine within a couple of hundred rounds. I think I put something like 300 rounds through it on the first range trip and began carrying it within a couple of days. It had a near permanent spot in my holster all summer until I changed my 9mm carry out for .40 and .45 come fall and winter (that's my own personal issue).

I didn't notice the trigger issue for a long time. At around 800 rounds, I did notice that it sometimes irritated my trigger finger and somewhere around the 1200 round mark, I dropped an HBI trigger in there. That is a great trigger in that it shortens the reset and take up but does little for the irritation. Sometimes I feel it and other times I don't. Either way, there is something about that pistol that just works for me and irritation or not, I love the thing. The trigger could be the reason. It's absolutely predictable with a good wall, crisp break and short tactile reset. I can only imagine how nice it will be with some CGW love thrown at it.

I'd love to be able to meet you at the range one of these days and let you run the thing. Not at an indoor range, but at an outdoor range with steel targets that let you shoot rapidly while practicing quick target transitions. That's where a pistol either makes it or fails for me. I can punch paper all day long with most any gun but I only know a gun works for me if I can run it outdoors in a pistol bay. The P10C is a decent paper puncher, but the thing really shines when you let it dance in the pistol bays.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    You probably already know my answer. The P10C hands down. I wanted to embrace the G19 and bought two of them, one for carry and the other for the range. But, the reliability was not great initially and even when it would run, it liked to pop me in the forehead with brass. I can live with that except for the fact that no matter how much I tried, I could not shoot it worth a darn. I could shoot my G23 well but when I shot the G19s, I'd throw most of the rounds into the dirt around the target. They were not confidence inspiring so I ended up trading both away and have never missed them.

The P10C was a different story. Where as I wanted to like the G19, I was put off by the new striker fired P10C when announced. Then a buddy of mine that runs a gun shop called and said they had just gotten the first batch in and I went down to just take a look with zero intentions of buying one. But, the thing felt good in my hand. Good as in really good. The way a CZ feels to someone that's never held one before. The trigger felt good and even if the slide release was stiff and mag release even stiffer, I bought it. The revelation came on the range. I'm a point shooter for SD practice and the P10C pointed so naturally for me that I almost had to work to miss the steel. The mag release and slide lock both wore in fine within a couple of hundred rounds. I think I put something like 300 rounds through it on the first range trip and began carrying it within a couple of days. It had a near permanent spot in my holster all summer until I changed my 9mm carry out for .40 and .45 come fall and winter (that's my own personal issue).

I didn't notice the trigger issue for a long time. At around 800 rounds, I did notice that it sometimes irritated my trigger finger and somewhere around the 1200 round mark, I dropped an HBI trigger in there. That is a great trigger in that it shortens the reset and take up but does little for the irritation. Sometimes I feel it and other times I don't. Either way, there is something about that pistol that just works for me and irritation or not, I love the thing. The trigger could be the reason. It's absolutely predictable with a good wall, crisp break and short tactile reset. I can only imagine how nice it will be with some CGW love thrown at it.

I'd love to be able to meet you at the range one of these days and let you run the thing. Not at an indoor range, but at an outdoor range with steel targets that let you shoot rapidly while practicing quick target transitions. That's where a pistol either makes it or fails for me. I can punch paper all day long with most any gun but I only know a gun works for me if I can run it outdoors in a pistol bay. The P10C is a decent paper puncher, but the thing really shines when you let it dance in the pistol bays.

I would love to spend some time shooting that, I will be in Indy tomorrow to meet WTB and have some family stuff also while we're there.

Anybody who has shot with me knows I like to shoot fast, which is more challenging with Glocks.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I have several of the Glock 19s, but still picked up the P10-C and it has an excellent trigger and was an awesome shooter. But sold it shortly after sticking with the 19 format.psyko

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I would love to spend some time shooting that, I will be in Indy tomorrow to meet WTB and have some family stuff also while we're there.

Anybody who has shot with me knows I like to shoot fast, which is more challenging with Glocks.

I'm meeting WTB for breakfast and then a bit of shooting after. If you are meeting him later in the day, I'll leave my P10C with him for you to run. I'd try to join you guys later, but the wife has me scheduled to help with hanging window shades later.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm meeting WTB for breakfast and then a bit of shooting after. If you are meeting him later in the day, I'll leave my P10C with him for you to run. I'd try to join you guys later, but the wife has me scheduled to help with hanging window shades later.

Hoping to meet up with you guys in the morning tomorrow.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    The p10c is where it's at lol. I love me some glocks but honestly I think the p10c does everything glock does but smoother and more naturally. And even more comfortably. And at a better price point.

Just to rick the boat a little more czp10c suppressor ready and still cheaper than a standard glock lol. Plus these ship with the 17 round mags

2w0kZPk.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The p10c is where it's at lol. I love me some glocks but honestly I think the p10c does everything glock does but smoother and more naturally. And even more comfortably. And at a better price point.

Just to rick the boat a little more czp10c suppressor ready and still cheaper than a standard glock lol. Plus these ship with the 17 round mags

I'm a big fan of that platform. I wanted to like the G19 but those are gone and I just committed to buying a second P10C.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    So today I was able to shoot my G19 side by side with the P10. I will say that the P10 has slightly snappier recoil than my Glock, not enough to make me dislike the P10, but enough to remind how soft the 19 shoots. Now I was quite impressed with the P10. Prior to today I had only shot one once and I think it was only one mag. I found today that it points a little more naturally than the Glock and the ergonomics are noticeably better. I found myself able to shoot very quickly and the sights settled back on target very well during faster rate of fire. The grip texture is perfect, not to slippery and not too aggressive. I don't know that it's going to replace the Glock for me, I actually enjoyed shooting both pistols equally. I don't know that I could honestly say one is better than the other. I will say that I am still wanting to get a P10, may even try to pick one up within the next few days.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The worst thing about meeting up with you with Tim's gun is now I'm taking another look at the P10c... :ugh:
    Ha! Glad I could help....
    So last night I did decide to go ahead and remove the Talon Grips off my G19, it feels better now and I plan on leaving it that way.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I forgot to mention that during 80 rounds with the P10 I did not have any irritations with the trigger, it felt pretty damn good to me actually.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ha! Glad I could help....
    So last night I did decide to go ahead and remove the Talon Grips off my G19, it feels better now and I plan on leaving it that way.

Yeah, I felt like the grip texture on the gen 5 was very nice. I tried the P10 in my Galco Combat Master for my G23 and it fit nicely. I think I might need to take a trip out to Point Blank and put 100 rounds through it to see if the pinch is as bad as I recall. I like the idea of carrying the P10c over my G23. My right wrist was injured in my 20's and it's come back to haunt me. It's very painful to shoot a lot of .40, .45 or .357 Sig, so I may have to go back to 9mm all the time... :(

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My experiences with a G**** 19 have been all bad. I have nothing against them they just don't point up for me. I have yet to try the P10c...I think. My memory sometimes tricks me.

Top Bottom