• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I am always surprised when I hear this.... The finish is different, but I really like the polycoat. (and of course the stainless steel)

Didn't mean the finish from that standpoint. I am a toolmaker, so I am more referring to the overall build and roughness. I understand it doesn't affect functionality. I shoot AK's so it really isn't a deal breaker.:):

Sratch16

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Birds Away, did you do the tuning and CGW parts install? I'm planning on sending my P01 to CGW for work, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I sent my Compact down to David. Since then I have bought all the parts and a friend of mine has done the work on several different guns. They have all turned out really nice. The CZ forum has videos and pictures that show you how to do most of it, I think. My friend loves to do it, he's very mechanically inclined. Me, not so much.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm certainly no gunsmith, but I was looking at the upgraded parts on the CGW website and it appears the only difference is they are polished. I'm sure there is more to it that that, such as spring weight and some other things. I will put about 1k though it and see if I will consider the upgrades. This gun is strictly for USPSA. I just hope I can find matches in Virginia.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm certainly no gunsmith, but I was looking at the upgraded parts on the CGW website and it appears the only difference is they are polished. I'm sure there is more to it that that, such as spring weight and some other things. I will put about 1k though it and see if I will consider the upgrades. This gun is strictly for USPSA. I just hope I can find matches in Virginia.

The difference, pre and post CGW, is truly unbelievable. It is much more than polish. I agree with putting 1k rounds through it first. But, especially for a competition gun, the CGW experience will be well worth the money and effort.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Okay, I went to the range today and the gun is definitely a keeper. However, the factory trigger will have to go. I've never experienced such a LONG DA/SA pull and reset. I short-stroked it a couple of times and can quickly see that will become annoying after a while. I'll look into the trigger upgrades as soon as possible.

Top Bottom