1670777aff3793a9d4b37debaa67f772_zps71659692.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I finally found a CZ thanks to Mark at Bradis. I didn't get the .40 like I wanted, but I'm sure I'll get another at a later time. Cleaned it up and now to take it to the range. Man, there is nothing like the feel of a metal gun, and it really fits my hands nicely.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      154.1 KB · Views: 31

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I finally found a CZ thanks to Mark at Bradis. I didn't get the .40 like I wanted, but I'm sure I'll get another at a later time. Cleaned it up and now to take it to the range. Man, there is nothing like the feel of a metal gun, and it really fits my hands nicely.

You sir have fine taste.... Send that baby to Cajun Gun Works (or so I hear... :( )

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CGW is very much known for their trigger mods/parts. I've not used them on my CZs (yet), because I like my factory triggers for now. Maybe I should try them - but I really don't think I'm at a level of needing to get a better trigger.

Did it come with 5lbs of goop that you needed to clean off?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    CGW is very much known for their trigger mods/parts. I've not used them on my CZs (yet), because I like my factory triggers for now. Maybe I should try them - but I really don't think I'm at a level of needing to get a better trigger.

Did it come with 5lbs of goop that you needed to clean off?

I don't have a problem with those who do it, but I have never messed with triggers. I've adjusted to the factory triggers of every gun I've purchased.

It did have a Mosin-like amount of goop on it. After I cleaned it up, everything seemed much better, including the trigger.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    We need to shoot, Que. I'll bring my "tuned" CZs and you bring yours. You can feel for yourself. If you are mechanically inclined you can buy the parts from cajungunworks and do it yourself. The home gunsmithing thread on The Original CZ Forum - Index has pictures and videos going in detail on how to polish your CZ and also how to install the parts. I recently purchased a pre-B and just ordered the parts yesterday. I have a good friend who does the work for me. He is good with that stuff, I am not. The only regret you will ever have with doing this is that from that point on your other guns will suck. Believe me, I know. I used to have a variety of makes and models. Now, except for a Smith snubby, all of my guns are CZs. You can start small and just do a race hammer and some springs or you can go the full monty with an extended firing pin, short reset trigger and a reach reduction kit. You can also get a fiber optic front and competition rear sight. Anyway, we need to figure out when we can get together so you can shoot a couple of mine. You will see just how much difference it can make.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Heck yeah Que, I've got a 75 Shadow T I need to exercise a bit, also a P-01 that needs some range time as well. You should definitely send your SP-01 to David at CGW, I did that for my P-01 and it's a completely different gun.

Also, you'll be glad you got the 9mm for competing. Competing in Limited with a low round count like the SP01 Tactical has would have put you at a HUGE disadvantage.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Looking forward to hearing how this goes Que. I have been looking the CZ's over a lot lately. Every time I go to buy one I hesitate because of the overall finish of the guns. I am sure if I actually decide on a model though I will get one soon. Unless I spend the money on a cowboy gun first.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Looking forward to hearing how this goes Que. I have been looking the CZ's over a lot lately. Every time I go to buy one I hesitate because of the overall finish of the guns. I am sure if I actually decide on a model though I will get one soon. Unless I spend the money on a cowboy gun first.

If you ever make it down around Lafayette I would love to let you shoot mine. My friend has a Shadow, a Tactical and a Compact. I have a 75B, a pre-B, a Compact, an SP01 Phantom and a RAMI. That covers most of the bases. Might help you decide. All of ours have been heavily upgraded with CGW parts and have been tuned and polished.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    If you ever make it down around Lafayette I would love to let you shoot mine. My friend has a Shadow, a Tactical and a Compact. I have a 75B, a pre-B, a Compact, an SP01 Phantom and a RAMI. That covers most of the bases. Might help you decide. All of ours have been heavily upgraded with CGW parts and have been tuned and polished.

Thanks BA. You can probably answer to this. My main problem with the CZ line is lack of lefty friendliness. With the Glock this really doesn't matter. When I was issued Sig's I just dealt with it. (never liked those 226's) With my new 1911 it is a relatively easy fix with an ambi safety. Any provisions for this with a CZ?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks BA. You can probably answer to this. My main problem with the CZ line is lack of lefty friendliness. With the Glock this really doesn't matter. When I was issued Sig's I just dealt with it. (never liked those 226's) With my new 1911 it is a relatively easy fix with an ambi safety. Any provisions for this with a CZ?

There are a few set up for ambi, notably the 85 combat. It would be pretty easy to come up a list of the ambi ones. If you are interested in a range/competition gun I think some of the Shadows and tacticals are ambi. I will have to check. My buddy just confirmed that his Shadow has an ambi safety. Most of my guns are safety models but I never use the safety or the decocker for the ones that have one. I carry mine at half cock with a well covered trigger and, when competing, start with the hammer at rest.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Looking forward to hearing how this goes Que. I have been looking the CZ's over a lot lately. Every time I go to buy one I hesitate because of the overall finish of the guns.

I am always surprised when I hear this.... The finish is different, but I really like the polycoat. (and of course the stainless steel)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So far I am most enamored with the P-01. I don't buy strictly comp guns. Everything I get has to be able to be used for carry and teaching.

Well, that's one we don't have. We have a couple of compacts you can shoot but they are the all steel model without the rail. The P01, as I am sure you know, has the alloy frame. I had a PCR which is basically the same thing without the rail, but I recently sent it off to a new home.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member