• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Been following this thread for what seems like weeks. We are all missing the important part. It's not the zip tie at all. It's the fact that the OP's feeling were hurt by being reprimanded in public.

and yet another one that doesn't get the point.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    .....If people can't use a brick wall, which is a MUCH larger target than a sand barrel,.........

Come to think of it, even if they had a clearing barrel by the door, I'd probably continue wandering off by myself and finding a quiet piece of wall, away from the crush of muzzle-waving, zip-tie-cutting Lowest Common Denominators around the foyer and the front door. I like getting through that space as quickly as possible.

........If you are pointing your gun at anything other than a safe backstop at any time,......

I guess that rules out your advocacy of a brick wall.

Bullets do have the potential to ricochet, don't they?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Last few times I was there the trash can by the door was full and the orange ties were scattered on the floor and shelf. If they can't keep a trash can empty what's make people think they can manage a sand barrel? Dumb asses would just put trash in it.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    I remember, back in the 90's, going to the 1500, and they put a zip tie in the action of my rifle. As soon as I was around the corner, I inadvertently hit the bolt release and cut the zip tie off! Kinda cracked me up, how effective it was! Roamed the show for a good 6 hours without getting chewed out! Course, that was in the good ole days! Lol!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wow I just ZIPped to the last couple of pages of this post while taking a break from TIE ing my shoes. Guess I should start at the top and see what all the hubbubs about bub.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I have always cut the zip on my carry weapon, in the entrance to the show, as I was leaving. Then stepped outside, away from the cleati, and reloaded. (yes I put the zip in the trash or pocket) No one has ever said a word.

The show @ Stout Field is a different story, there are signs, "Do NOT cut the zip ties off your weapon in the building. YOU WILL BE ARRESTED." SF is also federal property.

Sand barrels would be great @ at these shows, but I digress, they would be full of trash.

The OP has a point about the attitude of the cop; I can see how the cop might have an attitude when dealing with stOOpid, unbathed, crop dusting Cleati all day.

Carry a pair of cuts and then you don't have to fumble around with a blade.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I went Sunday. Officer zipped my 45c and released the slide. That cut the tie he just put on. Had to do it two more times before he gave it back with the slide locked back.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    ........Carry a pair of cuts and then you don't have to fumble around with a blade.

Or just hit the men's room before departing, cut the zip tie, but leave it in place to keep the appearance of it still being 'secured'.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Arrested me for what?

No, he just had a temper tantrum, just like the ones my child used to have when he was 3 years old.

I cut the zip tie, because there was a hard surface for me to safely do so inside. There is no table, nor sand barrels for me to utilize outside.

Someone did shoot themselves yesterday. So? I was complying with the posted signs of not loading it inside. What, again and exactly, does that have to do with me cutting the zip tie when I left the gun show?

I honetly agree with you! I cut the zip tie as soon as I used to get to the vestibule as you did and I would not have hesitated to stand up to the cop or the 1500 employee. IANAL but those signs seem to be a suggestion anyway. The second I qould step out of the doors to the outside a magazine is slipped in the magazine well of my carry pistol. Once I reached a safe area I charged my pistol. f no longer go to the gun shows beause they just seem to be a waste of time and a gathering of people I dont necessarily wish to gather with also IF you are carrying large sums of money or goods to or from your vehicle you still ha e the RIGHT to protect yourself.

Let's not forget what neighborhood the gun show is in. Until the sign says donot cut the zip tie I will contiue to do so as soo as I step into the vestibule. Its not lile the 1000's of other orange zip ties piled on the floor didnt do the same dog gone thing as you did. If they say no cutting zip ties in the vesibule they will end up picking them up from outside on the ground.

Top Bottom