• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Saw the signs prohibiting the loading firearms inside the building when departing the building. No signs prohibiting the cutting of the zip ties once one leaves the showroom.

I cut my zip tie in the lobby, and a dip-**** IPD cop was ready to crucify me when I did so.

"I don't want your stupidity to cost me my right to carry my firearm!", followed by some dip-**** 1500 employee who was echoing everything the cop was saying. I guess that gun show cops now have minions assigned to them.

I pointed out that the signs merely prohibited loading, and not removing the zip tie.

Apparently he was illiterate, as he told me that the signs forbid the cutting of zip ties. I'm now wondering how he ever successfully passed the civil service exam.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    After the incident with the moron blowing off his own finger, I can understand the cops attitude. Yeah, at times the cops are a pain in the butt, this should get a little benefit of the doubt though.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    I carry a small pair of cutters with me, and wait until I've gotten away from the doors and the crowd to a safe backstop before coonfingering my heater. I figure I can wait until I'm ready to gas it up before I cut the zip tie.

Any guns other than my actual carry piece, I just wait until I get home.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Really? The cop is a dip**** cause you can't walk three more steps?

If they didn't want me to cut the zip tie, why didn't they just put a sign up stating such? They did so with loading a firearm.

Or perhaps you're happy with LE just making up the rules as they go along.

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    It's not like he arrested you.

Why did it have to be untied at that moment?

Maybe he over reacted, but someone did shoot themselves yesterday.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It would seem to me that the one major indicator of loading your firearm, and the first step in the process, is cutting off the zip tie. It's partially an assumption by the cop/employee but it is based upon witnessing that same series of events throughout the day(s). Cut em some slack. No need to namecall....

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    It would seem to me that the one major indicator of loading your firearm, and the first step in the process, is cutting off the zip tie. It's partially an assumption by the cop/employee but it is based upon witnessing that same series of events throughout the day(s). Cut em some slack. No need to namecall....

Don't you get it? The Man was keeping him down! ;)

jjhoffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    It sounds like maybe the cop was just having a bad day. I have personally done it and I see other people cut the zip ties off as soon as they go through the inspection to exit.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    It's not like he arrested you.

Why did it have to be untied at that moment?

Maybe he over reacted, but someone did shoot themselves yesterday.

Arrested me for what?

No, he just had a temper tantrum, just like the ones my child used to have when he was 3 years old.

I cut the zip tie, because there was a hard surface for me to safely do so inside. There is no table, nor sand barrels for me to utilize outside.

Someone did shoot themselves yesterday. So? I was complying with the posted signs of not loading it inside. What, again and exactly, does that have to do with me cutting the zip tie when I left the gun show?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Yep, an assumption.

I assume he's a dip-****, incapable of acting in an objective and professional manner at that point in time.

He didn't cut me a bit of slack, so I feel no need to reciprocate.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    At the end of the day, you are at a private venue and are subject to their rules, posted or not. The officer and employees have no reason to cut you or anyone else "some slack". I'm sorry you feel you were treated poorly. Life will go on, I promise.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    At the end of the day, you are at a private venue and are subject to their rules, posted or not. The officer and employees have no reason to cut you or anyone else "some slack". I'm sorry you feel you were treated poorly. Life will go on, I promise.

I don't feel bad about it. I stood my ground respectfully, but didn't allow him to bully me.

I pointed to the sign, and asked, "It just says that I can't load my handgun in here. It doesn't say a thing about a zip tie."

He could have overstepped his authority and try to stick it to me, but it could have ended just as badly for him. He had no reason to cut me any slack, but what did I do wrong again? I mean, other than offend his interpretation of what the posted rules were?

Perhaps he didn't get his regular sugar fix from coffee and donuts.

DBCooper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Kokomo
    Some people are just control freaks, I just keep the lowest profile I can, so a few more steps wouldnt have bothered me. What can you say?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I don't feel bad about it. I stood my ground respectfully, but didn't allow him to bully me.

I pointed to the sign, and asked, "It just says that I can't load my handgun in here. It doesn't say a thing about a zip tie."

He could have overstepped his authority and try to stick it to me, but it could have ended just as badly for him. He had no reason to cut me any slack, but what did I do wrong again? I mean, other than offend his interpretation of what the posted rules were?

Perhaps he didn't get his regular sugar fix from coffee and donuts.
    I'm unfamiliar with the setup, but if the 1500 leased the building, then you still have to abide by the leaseholders terms while on the property. You were already on your way out, so he felt the need to tell you.

Don't **** it up for the rest of everyone just because you have a complex against LEO. How many people go in there? One guy was stupid and shot himself in the hand yesterday, that LEO didn't want to risk another.

They could've taken your name and refused to allow you back in, ever, to a 1500. Would you like that? When you are there property rights trump your rights. While you feel wronged, it's their choice to reprimand you for breaking a rule.

Also, carry a damn knife and cut the thing in your car!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Some people are just control freaks, I just keep the lowest profile I can, so a few more steps wouldnt have bothered me. What can you say?

I can say that it bothered me, because people were bumping into me all day long, and I have a knife that I'm attempting to cut these zip ties. I would prefer to not impale myself with my pocket knife.

A surface to place the handgun was all that I needed to accomplish this task.
    I wasn't breaking any rules, so again, whats the big deal? I mean, other than to Officer Dip-**** IPD.

Top Bottom