• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Question/concern. I noticed that this thread was pretty slow to load. Maybe just coincidence but will the addition of graphic heavy sigs potentially slow the system down?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Question/concern. I noticed that this thread was pretty slow to load. Maybe just coincidence but will the addition of graphic heavy sigs potentially slow the system down?

It's not the sig lines, it's all the graphics to be incorporated that are slow loading.

A 500x150 will load fairly quick, and once it's in your cache it'll load just like the INGO header.

I used to be on a Battlefield 1942 site that everyone had sig lines and it loaded fine every time I visited and it had no where near 5% the bandwidth INGO has.

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    Hey guys I know that I am not a site supporter,, but I am an out of work parent that has a lot of free time on my hands and does enjoy working with Photoshop. now while I may be no where near EH91KY qualifications of being a graphic design major, and if it's ok with fenway I wouldn't mind making a few sig lines for member's.

if any one would like to see some of my work just let me know..

EH91KY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Here You go Hammer :)
    Hammercopy.jpg

Looks badass to me. Only other suggestion is if you could incorporate the Blue line badge. Maybe have it in the center of the piece in a semi transparent fashion, so the flag design comes through it. If not, this looks awesome as is ...

Try this on for size. The badge in the middle looked out of place, but I think this looks good.
    revisedwithbadgecopy.jpg

It's not the sig lines, it's all the graphics to be incorporated that are slow loading.

A 500x150 will load fairly quick, and once it's in your cache it'll load just like the INGO header.

I used to be on a Battlefield 1942 site that everyone had sig lines and it loaded fine every time I visited and it had no where near 5% the bandwidth INGO has.

This is being talked about. Fenway has discussed making the sigs a little smaller in height. I'm not sure if the reasoning is for performance or not, but signatures should not make the pages load any differently. At least not noticebly. I'm still waiting for the reply to see if the size will stay at 500x150.

-Ethan

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Here You go Hammer :)
    Hammercopy.jpg

Try this on for size. The badge in the middle looked out of place, but I think this looks good.
    revisedwithbadgecopy.jpg

This is being talked about. Fenway has discussed making the sigs a little smaller in height. I'm not sure if the reasoning is for performance or not, but signatures should not make the pages load any differently. At least not noticebly. I'm still waiting for the reply to see if the size will stay at 500x150.

-Ethan

That's awesome. Thank you!

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Thanks. Just a thought: Move the INGO logo down to the left of the guy just above my pseudonym, and move the guy up a bit so all of him is showing. He looks rather odd cropped the way he is.

I do love the color scheme, however.

EH91KY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    No problem guys, but if anyone deserves thanks here it's Fenway. He's the reason you guys are getting these.

Here's the revised version
    Hammerrevised.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Ethan, when these are done, can I adjust the size myself? I would prefer something smaller.

EH91KY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Ethan, when these are done, can I adjust the size myself? I would prefer something smaller.

They are jpeg formatted. You would be able to resize them, but quality will be decreased. I personally think when all the signatures are the same size the page looks more clean/organized, but at the end of the day it is your signature.

Shoot Fenway a PM and see what he has to say about you having a smaller signature. If he is cool with that then give me a size and I will make it happen.

EH91KY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Que, yours is amazing! They all look great!

Were my pictures no good??

Actually I really liked them all, but they work better separately imo so I picked the AR (If your brightness is turned down, it may be hard to see). I thought it looked cool :dunno: lol

If you don't care for it, I can redo it. Just PM me what you have in mind.

Appreciate the reputation and comments guys :D

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Actually I really liked them all, but they work better separately imo so I picked the AR (If your brightness is turned down, it may be hard to see). I thought it looked cool :dunno: lol

If you don't care for it, I can redo it. Just PM me what you have in mind.

Appreciate the reputation and comments guys :D

I see the AR now.. cool

I also think they all look great! Way to go! I would rep you again, but it wont let me... too soon..

Top Bottom