Not open for further replies.

sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    Indianapolis Carry Permit Question

I applied for my permit on Thursday May 29th downtown and I still havent received anything. Is this normal? Should it take this long? How long did it take to get yours? :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Yes, its normal to take that long.

And just in case you didn't realize, that permit is good for all of Indiana, not just Indianapolis.

Did you go for the Lifetime?

sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    yeah i went for the lifetime. I know it is for all of Indiana. I just figured a permit coming out of the indianapolis branch would take a little longer than some less populated towns in indiana.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Mine took 91 days, but it was only a few months after the lifetimes were available. When I called they said they were swamped and horribly backlogged.

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    While I do not believe that anyone could tell the diff between a copy of the license and the original I would not shrink it. Copies of the license are illegal and the shrinking would be a giveaway. If an LEO wanted to hassle you, they would sure have the opportunity.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Apparently the copies aren't illegal as Staples just copied mine. The guy said he's never seen anywhere that it's illegal. I'm no lawyer, and no I haven't researched this, but I figure if every copy store in Indiana is willing to copy it for you it can't illegal because they wouldn't want to risk their business licenses.

It took two months and 3 weeks. I can have a license to carry but I have to wait for the FBI to get in gear and I can FINALLY carry my beloved Baby Eagle... :D :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom