• Status
    Not open for further replies.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Application turned in and printed on 03/18/08 in Marion Co, permit arrived in mailbox on 05/02/08. :rockwoot:
    This was a renewal to lifetime.

wolfman

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I applied for my lifetime(first permit) on dec 1st, and had my permit just before new years. It was also my third background check in a months time, so they prolly had everything on file

Andrew

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think 4-5 weeks is the norm right now. I got mine in just about 4 weeks, bit it took 3 weeks to get it from my local Sheriff's office before I could even send it to Indy.

Congrats on getting your LTCH.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Just great; Just Great. I noticed on my copy that the wrong zip code was entered 40214 instead of 46214. I had this typed at a Bail Bond Place because I thought they would do a good job. Called the State Firearm department and they doing they can do. "Too many application to go through them". So I guess I wait until it get rejected or something before I can do anything? I see a long wait time to get this resolved.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Singlesix, it might not be so bad after all. The license is not required to have your current address, you only need to have the proper address on file downstate. For example, when I moved, I was required to send them the new address, but was not required to get (ie. buy) a new copy of the license with the correct information shown. So, you can submit the paperwork so that they have your correct #, and go on your way IMO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I think this is the correct link.
    IN.gov: Frequently Asked Questions
    I found the info below on the ISP website under FAQ. If you search you should be able to find the proper form to mail off.

My name or address has changed. Do I have to pay for a duplicate license?

No. Complete the “Duplicate Handgun License Request and Notification of Name or
    Address Change Form” and mail or fax the form to the firearms section. Check that you
    are notifying the section of your information change only. The change will be made in
    the firearms database and there is no fee for this service. If you want a license issued
    with the changes on it, then yes, the $20 fee for the duplicate license does apply.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I made a mistake on mine too. Only I think mine is a little more of a goof than yours. I mark No next to the question about misdemeanors instead of yes so I suspect my wait time will be longer. I called them and told them and they just said it will delay it longer. Whether that means a denial, or I just have to correct it, or if they are just going to overlook it, I don't know. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks. Been waiting 4 weeks for mine and still haven't cashed my MO.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Just been wondering; there is a long wait time for permit. Obviously a lot of Indiana citizen want carry permit. But it got me wonder: How many of them are just for target and hunting? I mean I did the Lifetime PPP so I won't have any hassles but if I could target and hunt without a Permit I would. Any do a poll on this subject. Don't want to repeat.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was at the City County Building in Indy renewing my LTC (upgrade to Lifetime - w00t) and dropping off a Form 1 (hey, if I'm getting printed once, might as well get printed a couple more times). The guy in front of me was renewing his LTC as well, and asked what the current wait time was. Lady behind the counter said 10 weeks... guy asked why, and she said "everybody's wanting them now". That's encouraging! :rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    ::1
    Just got my Lifetime Permit today. This was a new permit. Looks like I need to go shopping tomorrow for a carry pistol :P

Applied 4/9/2008

Received 5/16/2008

That's 5 Weeks and 2 Days
    :):

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just been wondering; there is a long wait time for permit. Obviously a lot of Indiana citizen want carry permit. But it got me wonder: How many of them are just for target and hunting? I mean I did the Lifetime PPP so I won't have any hassles but if I could target and hunt without a Permit I would. Any do a poll on this subject. Don't want to repeat.

SS - you can get a permit just for hunting/target, but since you got the Lifetime PP you are covered on ALL aspects. Its the smarter way to do it IMO.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I would imagine at least half of the people applying for any license, wanted it for PP. I also imagine most Hoosiers think it's perfectly legal to transport an unloaded firearm in a wrapper, in the trunk of their car to/from the range.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom