Not open for further replies.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Sorry for one more question.

I am going through L1 ID solutions for my fingerprinting. i already paid them the 85 dollars with my card. So that means i will owe the sheriff a 50 dollar money order correct?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

I am going through L1 ID solutions for my fingerprinting. i already paid them the 85 dollars with my card. So that means i will owe the sheriff a 50 dollar money order correct?

Not sure about that. In Hendricks Co. where I am, it was only $ 20 cash, I think. Allen Co. might be different. Best call them and ask.

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN

i had to go to my PD because I live within city limits. They only wanted cash as payment. As Lectric said, it's best to call.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Yeah i'll call tomorrow morning and see what they say...still technically being active duty military hopefully will help push it through nice and fast.

It should help, but it won't.

But on the bright side, if you have a sparkley clean record, your wait will most likely be short. 2 weeks seems to be the norm these days.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    It seems my only way of tracking the money order would be to pay the USPS to check it.

As for paying the local LE, applying for a lifetime license without a current LTCH is an additional $50 per the pay chart.

Rydnlow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Does anyone have any experience going to a hearing after trying to appeal a permit denial? I was denied for medical reasons and I sent off my records and requested an appeal. I have been granted a hearing in Indy. I was just wondering what to expect.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Does anyone have any experience going to a hearing after trying to appeal a permit denial? I was denied for medical reasons and I sent off my records and requested an appeal. I have been granted a hearing in Indy. I was just wondering what to expect.

There was a gentleman on here some months ago who was denied for failure to disclose an arrest. He had to go to Indy and sign a corrected application and was then issued his license (on the spot, I think). I don't know if there was a hearing involved, though. I thought he just submitted an appeal and they rendered a decision to issue if he signed a corrected application.

Is this a formal hearing, or do you just have to show up at the Records Division office ? If it's a formal hearing and you have a good case, I wouldn't expect a denial. The only denials that I have heard of that weren't reversed have been on convicted felons. Most others have been granted after the appeals process.

Good luck and keep us posted. This is good information for others that might be in similar circumstances as yours.

Rydnlow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    It's a formal hearing. Specific date and time at the courthouse. I will have to see if i can get off work to go. If its tough to win I don't think I will even go. I checked the box on the app for seeing a psychiatrist, they denied me. Requested an appeal and sent medical records for review, got a hearing date. This has been going on since February. I am about to just give up. A royal pain in the you know what.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    It's a formal hearing. Specific date and time at the courthouse. I will have to see if i can get off work to go. If its tough to win I don't think I will even go. I checked the box on the app for seeing a psychiatrist, they denied me. Requested an appeal and sent medical records for review, got a hearing date. This has been going on since February. I am about to just give up. A royal pain in the you know what.
    Have you been cleared by that psychiatrist?

Rydnlow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    The dr wouldn't give me a recommendation either way, they didn't want to be involved in the decision. That's why I went the route I did with just sending my medical records for ISP to review and make the decision. I guess it goes to the judge now.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    IC 35-47-1-7
    "Proper person"
    Sec. 7. "Proper person" means a person who:
    (1) does not have a conviction for resisting law enforcement under IC 35-44.1-3-1 within five (5) years before the person applies for a license or permit under this chapter;
    (2) does not have a conviction for a crime for which the person could have been sentenced for more than one (1) year;
    (3) does not have a conviction for a crime of domestic violence (as defined in IC 35-31.5-2-78), unless a court has restored the person's right to possess a firearm under IC 35-47-4-7;
    (4) is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a handgun;
    (5) does not have a record of being an alcohol or drug abuser as defined in this chapter;
    (6) does not have documented evidence which would give rise to a reasonable belief that the person has a propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct;
    (7) does not make a false statement of material fact on the person's application;
    (8) does not have a conviction for any crime involving an inability to safely handle a handgun;
    (9) does not have a conviction for violation of the provisions of this article within five (5) years of the person's application;
    (10) does not have an adjudication as a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult, if the person applying for a license or permit under this chapter is less than twenty-three (23) years of age;
    (11) has not been involuntarily committed, other than a temporary commitment for observation or evaluation, to a mental institution by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority;
    (12) has not been the subject of a:
    (A) ninety (90) day commitment as a result of proceeding under IC 12-26-6; or
    (B) regular commitment under IC 12-26-7; or
    (13) has not been found by a court to be mentally incompetent, including being found:
    (A) not guilty by reason of insanity;
    (B) guilty but mentally ill; or
    (C) incompetent to stand trial.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.191-1984, SEC.1; P.L.148-1987, SEC.3; P.L.269-1995, SEC.5; P.L.49-2005, SEC.1; P.L.118-2007, SEC.34; P.L.127-2011, SEC.3; P.L.114-2012, SEC.139; P.L.126-2012, SEC.57.

Thanks to Wheeler-Dealer for posting this.

The statute above is the definition of "Proper Person". I'm not going to ask if you do or do not fall into any of those categories, because it's none of my business. If you think that you meet the definition of "Proper Person", then it shouldn't be a hard fight.

You are the only one that can make that call. If you feel that you have been denied unjustly, I urge you not to give up. So you lose a day of work - if you prevail, it will be worth it in self satisfaction, if nothing else.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    UHG. I'm still getting pushed around with the scheduling of my fingerprinting.

Was supposed to have it done on the 2nd, but the dude wasn't there. He's only there one day a week. I could have went today if it was possible for me to get there before noon, but it wasn't possible so I schedule for next Wednesday at 3:50. I got a phone call an hour ago saying they won't be there Wednesday, but I can go next Monday.... before 11AM. I can not get there that early! May have to call a cab and take a day off or something. FML.

At this point im prepared to chop my fingers off and send them on ice and have them mailed back to me to be reattached. Probably be faster and less painful :P

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I had to take a couple hours off work to go to my local Sheriff's Office. They only did applications Mon-Friday until 4pm. So I know how you feel in that regard.

Lev

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Good ol Brown County
    Ok I've been reading this thread for several months now, I applied L1-4-17, local pd 4-18, mo cashed 4-19, tried the numbers i have seen on here.....no criminal history....I'm happy for those who are getting their LTCH in 2 weeks..but I have to admit it's very frustrating. I mean if I did this in my business or with my taxes I'd be up the creek w/out a paddle. Guess i'm done ranting now thanks for giving me a place to rant!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom