• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

homer12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    I emailed the ISP and the Contact Us link on the webpage yesterday. I got a response today saying to check with my local agency. That happens to be the Indy Metro PD. Some lady I talked to was very helpful there. She put me on hold and called someone with ISP. She said because of my criminal history (DUI 12 years ago), that pile was being processed from June - my app was added to that pile in late July she said. Sigh, at least I got someone helpful and gave me real info.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I emailed the ISP and the Contact Us link on the webpage yesterday. I got a response today saying to check with my local agency. That happens to be the Indy Metro PD. Some lady I talked to was very helpful there. She put me on hold and called someone with ISP. She said because of my criminal history (DUI 12 years ago), that pile was being processed from June - my app was added to that pile in late July she said. Sigh, at least I got someone helpful and gave me real info.

You're lucky. Most people just get told that ISP can't give them any info because of "Privacy Laws".

At least you know (approximately) where you stand.

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    Now if we only knew how long it takes to process each individualy, us "bad boys" could do some backyard mathematics and give ourselves a base timeline

deerslayer74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    North East INDIANER!
    Thought I would update everyone I finally got my LTCH AFTER A YEAR AND TWO MONTHS! I emailed my state rep. And the governor's office. Then a week later ISP called me personally to let me know it's in the mail. But time sad thing is since then I've gotten married so the gun fund is low. lol she's pretty so I can work around it.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Thought I would update everyone I finally got my LTCH AFTER A YEAR AND TWO MONTHS! I emailed my state rep. And the governor's office. Then a week later ISP called me personally to let me know it's in the mail. But time sad thing is since then I've gotten married so the gun fund is low. lol she's pretty so I can work around it.

WOW ! Congratulations :cheers:

I'm glad that you're epic wait is finally over, but it's almost unbelieveable that they could possibly take that long to simply approve or deny an LTCH application.....

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

:thumbsup:

Guns are a dime a dozen. Pretty girls aren't.

USAFVet

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Indy
    I emailed ISP just now to get an updated ETA. Been waiting since Apr 3rd. I knew it would take longer because I got in a little trouble before the military so im being patient.

Kentuckypilgrim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    I finally got mine! I did L1 on Jan 16, 2013. I got in the mail on Oct. 4, 2013. The only thing is it is a 4 yr. permit instead of a lifetime like I put in for.

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    WOO HOO !!!!!!

L1 - 9/18/13
    Co Sheriff - 9/18/13
    Pink Slip 10/2/13 - 10/4/13 (last time I checked mail was 10/2/13, and then today) :bacondance:

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    I'm going with the "guy who knows a guy who's cousin works for ISP" route. I'm just getting tired of the same old cookie cutter emails. I didn't lose my job though, in fact, I got promoted, but that means more dangerous locations. Kinda need that permit.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Just signed up with L1 for monday...who do i need to see as far as local LE up here in huntertown?

Your local PD or sherrif. Depending on who's jurisdiction you are in. When you call the police, who shows up ? That's who you need to go see.

Good luck. Keep us posted on your wait time.

EDIT: I Googled "Huntertown" and it looks like your local law enforcement is the Allen County Sheriff. I would start with them

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom