• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    I filled out the application online & paid my state fee on 4/28.
    L1 prints on 4/29.
    Local fee paid 5/6.

I tried emailing ISP using that same link you provided and received this from isp@isp.IN.gov

Thank you for contacting the Indiana State Police. All emails are reviewed by the Superintendent’s Primary Staff weekly. You will receive a reply to your email once it has been addressed by the appropriate Indiana State Police personnel.IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY PLEASE CALL 911. DO NOT WAIT FOR A RESPONSE.
    TICKET INFORMATION: If you have questions regarding a ticket or have lost it, you will need to call the traffic court in the county where your ticket was received. Fines are set by the courts and payments are made through them as well.
    LIMITED CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK (FINGERPRINTING): Please call 317-232-8262.
    FIREARMS LICENSING SECTION: For questions pertaining to Firearms Permits or to check the status of a permit, please call 317-232-8264.
    ROAD CLOSURES/WEATHER: For road closures and weather conditions please call 317-232-8298 (Indianapolis area only). If you are outside the Indianapolis area please call 1-800-261-7623. Please tune into your local radio or news station for traffic delays, road closings and other information. For information about road closures on state highways/interstates due to construction please call INDOT at 317-232-5533 or visit their website at www.in.gov/indot/.

I haven't received any other emails from isp.

I tried calling the Firearms Licensing Section # and a recording said due to confidentiality issues that I couldn't check the status of a permit.

Sent you a pm.

Apriliaguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Pendleton
    So I have a contact number for a gentleman named Anthony at ISP. He stayed on the phone with me for over 20 min. Discussing my ltch. I had an arrest but not a conviction. He looked up my info said it was put in a diffrent pile for further review cause of the arrest. He faxed the info to somebody else. It was sitting on their desk. He said it would be one of the first ones processed this morning. So hopefully in a couple of days. The number is in my job site folder. So I will be posting it tomorrow when I get to the job. Please if I give out this number be courteous and patient with him he is by far the most helpful person I've dealt with at ISP. Thank you

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    So I have a contact number for a gentleman named Anthony at ISP. He stayed on the phone with me for over 20 min. Discussing my ltch. I had an arrest but not a conviction. He looked up my info said it was put in a diffrent pile for further review cause of the arrest. He faxed the info to somebody else. It was sitting on their desk. He said it would be one of the first ones processed this morning. So hopefully in a couple of days. The number is in my job site folder. So I will be posting it tomorrow when I get to the job. Please if I give out this number be courteous and patient with him he is by far the most helpful person I've dealt with at ISP. Thank you

Hopefully they will get it in the mail Wednesday and you will have it by the weekend.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    The application asks for convicted felonies not arrests...

Actually...Indiana's CURRENT LTCH application asks for this (Taken directly from the actual application):

"Have you ever been convicted of any misdemeanor violation that has not been expunged by a court? Including DUI?
    If yes, list each charge (including year, location and state). Click 'Add Charge' after each."

Then the next question/line is this:

"Have you ever been convicted of any felony violation that has not been expunged by a court? Including DUI?
    If yes, list each charge (including year, location and state). Click 'Add Charge' after each."

Thank you Wheeler-Dealer for spelling it out. I guess I'm just getting real antsy waiting.

You're welcome..and I know where you're coming from...I waited 7-1/2 months myself ! Hopefully it'll be sooner than that for you !

mustangjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Jamestown
    Actually...Indiana's CURRENT LTCH application asks for this (Taken directly from the actual application):

"Have you ever been convicted of any misdemeanor violation that has not been expunged by a court? Including DUI?

Then the next question/line is this:

"Have you ever been convicted of any felony violation that has not been expunged by a court? Including DUI?

You're welcome..and I know where you're coming from...I waited 7-1/2 months myself ! Hopefully it'll be sooner than that for you !

The key here is the word convicted. It is unfortunate if they are going to count arrests too that they don't simply ask for them. It would make it much simpler and speed up the process. When I called I was made to feel like I did something wrong for a second time when in fact I was never guilty of anything, nor lying on the application.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    The key here is the word convicted.

Yep, and I agree, but that's NOT the way it actually WORKS here in Indiana (as untold thousands of us Hoosiers have had the displeasure of finding out)

As far as i know, it's been this way for years and I doubt that it will change anytime soon, unfortunately.

It doesn't make it right, though.

I'm a former permit holder and a friend and myself were both denied about 8-9yrs ago for failing to list a prior. . Non-violent misdemeanor.

Our local police department filled out our applications & told us that we only needed to list prior felonious criminal history !

None of us really knew much about the appeals process, back then, so we just let it go.

We're BOTH LTCH holder's now though.

Last edited:

Hoss58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Allen County
    Week 34 tomorrow I sent e-mails
    With no response member of bad
    Boy club filled my app out per
    Instruction did not list arrest that
    There was no subsequent conviction
    Send me a denial letter I will have a
    court order up their ass so quick it will
    Make their heads spin

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Make their heads spin

I'm not sure what good a "Court Order" would do?

What would the court order say?

If there is a denial, from the info that you've mentioned, it would likely be for Failure to Include Arrest Information on your Application...I'd imagine.

Here's the law that they would probably use to deny it (The bolded part)....but I would think that you would have an EASY appeal if they did DENY you since you said you weren't convicted.

This is assuming that there aren't any other criminal or mental history issues present, that they might also use for any kind of a denial..of course:

EDIT****** I looked and saw that you filed NON-L1/Badboy club....so you're right in that time frame that most applicant's with similar stats ended up waiting.

Mine was 7-1/2 Months and I filed L1/Badboy club.

Hopefully you'll get your's soon and you won't get denied and have to go that route.

IC 35-47-1-7
    "Proper person"
    Sec. 7. "Proper person" means a person who:
    (1) does not have a conviction for resisting law enforcement under IC 35-44.1-3-1 within five (5) years before the person applies for a license or permit under this chapter;
    (2) does not have a conviction for a crime for which the person could have been sentenced for more than one (1) year;
    (3) does not have a conviction for a crime of domestic violence (as defined in IC 35-31.5-2-78), unless a court has restored the person's right to possess a firearm under IC 35-47-4-7;
    (4) is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a handgun;
    (5) does not have a record of being an alcohol or drug abuser as defined in this chapter;
    (6) does not have documented evidence which would give rise to a reasonable belief that the person has a propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct;
    (7) does not make a false statement of material fact on the person's application;
    (8) does not have a conviction for any crime involving an inability to safely handle a handgun;
    (9) does not have a conviction for violation of the provisions of this article within five (5) years of the person's application;
    (10) does not have an adjudication as a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult, if the person applying for a license or permit under this chapter is less than twenty-three (23) years of age;
    (11) has not been involuntarily committed, other than a temporary commitment for observation or evaluation, to a mental institution by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority;
    (12) has not been the subject of a:
    (A) ninety (90) day commitment as a result of proceeding under IC 12-26-6; or
    (B) regular commitment under IC 12-26-7; or
    (13) has not been found by a court to be mentally incompetent, including being found:
    (A) not guilty by reason of insanity;
    (B) guilty but mentally ill; or
    (C) incompetent to stand trial.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.191-1984, SEC.1; P.L.148-1987, SEC.3; P.L.269-1995, SEC.5; P.L.49-2005, SEC.1; P.L.118-2007, SEC.34; P.L.127-2011, SEC.3; P.L.114-2012, SEC.139; P.L.126-2012, SEC.57.

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Make their heads spin

Good luck with that. Let us know how it works out. :popcorn:

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

Thanks for the link, but that is about Chicago. LTCH's here are processed by the Indiana STATE Police, not Federal.

However, if they rely on NICS and that is shut down, there could be an issue. I checked the FBI's website and there was no mention of NICS being shut down, just that the website would not be updated until the funding is restored.

A quick call to a gun shop will tell you if they are still selling guns. If NICS isn't working, they're not.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Thanks for the link, but that is about Chicago. LTCH's here are processed by the Indiana STATE Police, not Federal.

However, if they rely on NICS and that is shut down, there could be an issue. I checked the FBI's website and there was no mention of NICS being shut down, just that the website would not be updated until the funding is restored.

A quick call to a gun shop will tell you if they are still selling guns. If NICS isn't working, they're not.

+1

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom