• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    I'm at 189 days and still waiting since I filed L1 (182 days since the ISP received my app). ....

L1 on 1/8/13
    (ISP received app on 1/15/13)

Non-Violent Misdemeanor 23+ yrs ago

Former Indiana LTCH permit holder about 10 yrs ago

No issues or holdups, whatsoever, when purchasing new firearms.

I don't even get excited to check the mail anymore. .. :D

Rockhopper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Boonville
    A couple of misdemeanors as a dumb Marine early 90's.
    L1 and local 5/1/13
    Local MO cashed 5/3/13

Issued 7/17/13
    Received lifetime LTCH 7/20/13

Also ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck end of April, and my LTCH beat it here!

ashenfang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I called the ISP Friday and listened to the recorded message about how they can't do status checks over the phone, blah, blah blah. At the end of the recording it said press 0 for further help. I spoke with a nice fellow and just explained that I understood they couldn't do status checks but felt I had been waiting abnormally long for clean record and L1 prints. (17 weeks) He said he understood but really couldn't give me any helpful information other than "If you don't get it by the end of Sept. give us a call back" :rolleyes: Really? 6 months? (I applied in March). I asked him why my buddy, who applied 4 weeks after me, had already received his. He response, "Sometimes some just fall through the cracks and get issued before others." Basically, I took it as, there is no rhyme or reason to how the applications get processed.

After the call, I emailed my local PD and asked them if they would help me out by contacting the ISP and simply getting a status check. Haven't heard back from them either.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    A couple of misdemeanors as a dumb Marine early 90's.
    L1 and local 5/1/13
    Local MO cashed 5/3/13

Issued 7/17/13
    Received lifetime LTCH 7/20/13

Also ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck end of April, and my LTCH beat it here!

That seems to be an unbelievably fast time for someone with multiple misdemeanors in their background !

What's your secret?

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Completed all steps for application on June 21st and still waiting (of course).

I have a question for those who already have it though. I've seen pictures of the Indiana LTCH paper but never in context with something. Could anyone tell me how big it is? Will it fit in a normal sized wallet if lamented?

LonSch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Valparaiso

I have a question for those who already have it though. I've seen pictures of the Indiana LTCH paper but never in context with something. Could anyone tell me how big it is? Will it fit in a normal sized wallet if lamented?

It's basically th size of a credit card. Remember to make copies of it BEFORE you sign it. Run it through a scanner and store digital copies of it also.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    It's great to see some May people have already received theirs. I completed everything May 1. L1 and paid completely, still waiting. This gives me hope that it will come soon though.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

I have a question for those who already have it though. I've seen pictures of the Indiana LTCH paper but never in context with something. Could anyone tell me how big it is? Will it fit in a normal sized wallet if laminated?

It will, but you have to cut pretty close to the edges to get it to fit in a credit card sized slot.

It's basically th size of a credit card. Remember to make copies of it BEFORE you sign it. Run it through a scanner and store digital copies of it also.

Go to someplace like Office Depot or Staples and ask them to copy it on pink paper. Most will - some won't.

I would carry the copies and store the original (unsigned) in a safe place. I can't see a bit of difference between the copies and the original. It's not watermarked or anything. Unless there is some buried security mark in there somewhere that only shows up under a blacklight, but I doubt it.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw

I cut along the dotted lines pretty close and I measured mine at 3" 5/8 x 2" 1/16.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    So my Staples doesn't copy LTCH's. She said that because you have to pay the state to get a new one they can't do it. I told her that many places do it. She said it was a Staples thing, but I've found 9 other Staples that do it. None near me, unfortunately.

I think I'm going to make a professional-looking card that states that there is no law stated against making copies and the possibility that maybe the state charges a replacement fee because you're using their time and paper. Maybe they're tired of people asking for a new one due to negligent ripping, washing, losing theirs. I find her (that Staples') logic full of holes.

I will give them the card and the names of the other stores that copy LTCH's and state that I will no longer be shopping there if they don't want my business bad enough to legally copy my license. Hey, maybe I'll ask them if they'll copy and laminate that card.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    So my Staples doesn't copy LTCH's. She said that because you have to pay the state to get a new one they can't do it. I told her that many places do it. She said it was a Staples thing, but I've found 9 other Staples that do it. None near me, unfortunately.

I think I'm going to make a professional-looking card that states that there is no law stated against making copies and the possibility that maybe the state charges a replacement fee because you're using their time and paper. Maybe they're tired of people asking for a new one due to negligent ripping, washing, losing theirs. I find her (that Staples') logic full of holes.

I will give them the card and the names of the other stores that copy LTCH's and state that I will no longer be shopping there if they don't want my business bad enough to legally copy my license. Hey, maybe I'll ask them if they'll copy and laminate that card.

Office Depot. They even have the ISP pink paper.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom