• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

debruyn4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Thanks all for the email address and the phone number. I sent my email inquiry just now. hope to get something back soon. Thanks again.

MMCinFTW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    It's Finally Here!! Applied for at local PD, their money order was cashed 11/21/12. Money order to ISP was cashed 11/26/12. LTCH permit arrived in today's(3/7/13) mail. 14 weeks, just like the recording on the ISP's answering service stated.

nickc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    It's Finally Here!! Applied for at local PD, their money order was cashed 11/21/12. Money order to ISP was cashed 11/26/12. LTCH permit arrived in today's(3/7/13) mail. 14 weeks, just like the recording on the ISP's answering service stated.

if mine is the same as yours, i got another month :/:noway:

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I just called in again .. another nice woman .. no name given. gave the monolog about being backlogged and expect 5+ months .. asked about my info and said that they hadnt even gotten to me yet ... asked when my money order was cashed and sadly I messed up and tossed the MO receipt so I have no idea when it was actually cashed. I just know that I dropped everything off and did my ink prints at the Marion Co office on Nov 7th ... and they STILL haven't gotten to mine and started the background check procedure. Which is going to take even longer because I do have a criminal record. :( She did admit that she had no idea where they were on the dates and all that.

So I had nothing going on this morning and felt the need to call in again and I got different news this time!!! She told me that they had gotten to my app on the 5th (which is odd, that was the day before I called previously and was given the above quoted info). But they finally have gotten to my app which I paid for and printed (paper prints) for on Nov7! Now It probably will not be anytime soon for me because I do have a record but I'm just happy to see any progress even if Alaskan glaciers are moving faster than the application process is in IN. :P

So I guess I am still using what they taught me when I was in the Army, HURRY UP! and wait..... :)

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I wish that they would just "do away" with paper prints instead of making the wait time so long that people "choose" not to do them. I wold have gladly paid the extra $10 had I known that there would have been this big of a difference between application and issue dates.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    I wish that they would just "do away" with paper prints instead of making the wait time so long that people "choose" not to do them. I wold have gladly paid the extra $10 had I known that there would have been this big of a difference between application and issue dates.

My girlfriends Step dad did the non-L1 way probably a year ago now. He said it took 6 weeks then to get it.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I think this is less of an L1 vs old way problem, and more of a flood of application problem.

L1 IS faster, no doubt. But the old way doesnt take too long, under normal circumstances.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I think this is less of an L1 vs old way problem, and more of a flood of application problem.

L1 IS faster, no doubt. But the old way doesnt take too long, under normal circumstances.

I read in another thread on here that a friend of a sheriff (:P is that 2nd or 3rd hand hearsay coming from me) that they are wanting to stop doing paper and they only want digital prints. So that prompted my train of thought, obviously digital is more expedient all around and Id assume that they would be in the process of going only digital as fast as technology and non-tech friendly small offices would allow.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Classes;

You can take this course even if you have not got your Indiana permit yet, you just need it within a year of taking this course. It will make you legal in Ohio.

March
    Sun. 10 & 17, 1:00 - 5:00. M&J Firearms, Fortville IN.
    $80.00 with Pre-registration $100.00 The day of...

Tue. 12, 5:30-9:30. Marion County Conservation Club, Indianapolis IN.
    $90.00

Finger prints and photo's are taken at the class for your convenience.
    Call for me information/registration
    317-507-1582
    www.911-Defense.com

Arrangements can be made for private group courses as well.

Can you carry in the state of IN with this if it arrives before the IN state LTCH does?

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Can you carry in the state of IN with this if it arrives before the IN state LTCH does?

According to Indiana law, Indiana honors permits from all other states, but you only have the rights of that state. If I'm getting a LTCH anyway, I'll just wait. I'm not paying another $80-$100 beyond the $130 I already paid.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I would assume that if you are an IN resident you HAVE to have an LTCH to carry in IN. That just makes logical sense to me.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    I would assume that if you are an IN resident you HAVE to have an LTCH to carry in IN. That just makes logical sense to me.

Yes, I believe the honoring of other states' permits is for people visiting, not residents. This is further suggested with the law that the superintendent can only issue an out-of-state person a 4-year license, not lifetime.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012

This is correct. You cannot carry, being a resident, in the state of Indiana without an LTCH or some other exemption.

lsitter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Carry permit applied for Dec 28 via L1 service, permit came today, Mar 8. This was through Johnson County, no criminal issues. So, running about 10 weeks.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I kinda chuckled today when I checked my mailbox and it still wasnt there.

I find it funny that you can call a cable provider, they will establish your account, send a tech to install your service, and get you up and running within a week. But the government cant take my fingerprint card, put them on file, and send me a piece of paper in the mail in less than 4 months.

I know their overworked, and I applaud the effort, but what the hell takes so long? Im not on file, Ive never committed a crime.

I seriously doubt there are more people in this state applying for LTCH that are receiving cable.

Im venting, sorry, Im mostly patient, but I keep thinking about the people who are applying, not for the hell of it, but because there is a particular threat to their personal security. I keep thinking about the lady in Texas, who watched her parents murdered because she couldnt carry her firearm. Somewhere, in this state, theres a woman, with a restraining order, a pointless piece of paper that was obtained in a week, who is still waiting for someone to do a 5 minute check to make sure shes not a criminal, put her fingerprints on file, and mail a frikin piece of paper, so that she can ACTUALLY defend herself.

COME ON INDIANA

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org

Yes you have to have a LTCH but I don't see how you feel it's logical? I can not understand to save my life why we have to have permission from the government to exercise our right. You don't have to have a permission slip for your right to freedom of speech or any other right. I can understand a LTCH to CC but OC should be legal without a permission slip. Many states are like that and they don't have issues.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I kinda chuckled today when I checked my mailbox and it still wasnt there.

I find it funny that you can call a cable provider, they will establish your account, send a tech to install your service, and get you up and running within a week. But the government cant take my fingerprint card, put them on file, and send me a piece of paper in the mail in less than 4 months.

I know their overworked, and I applaud the effort, but what the hell takes so long? Im not on file, Ive never committed a crime.

I seriously doubt there are more people in this state applying for LTCH that are receiving cable.

Im venting, sorry, Im mostly patient, but I keep thinking about the people who are applying, not for the hell of it, but because there is a particular threat to their personal security. I keep thinking about the lady in Texas, who watched her parents murdered because she couldnt carry her firearm. Somewhere, in this state, theres a woman, with a restraining order, a pointless piece of paper that was obtained in a week, who is still waiting for someone to do a 5 minute check to make sure shes not a criminal, put her fingerprints on file, and mail a frikin piece of paper, so that she can ACTUALLY defend herself.

COME ON INDIANA
    I happen to be one of those you mention. It has nothing to do with my profession either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom