• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I kinda chuckled today when I checked my mailbox and it still wasnt there.

I find it funny that you can call a cable provider, they will establish your account, send a tech to install your service, and get you up and running within a week. But the government cant take my fingerprint card, put them on file, and send me a piece of paper in the mail in less than 4 months.

I know their overworked, and I applaud the effort, but what the hell takes so long? Im not on file, Ive never committed a crime.

I seriously doubt there are more people in this state applying for LTCH that are receiving cable.

Im venting, sorry, Im mostly patient, but I keep thinking about the people who are applying, not for the hell of it, but because there is a particular threat to their personal security. I keep thinking about the lady in Texas, who watched her parents murdered because she couldnt carry her firearm. Somewhere, in this state, theres a woman, with a restraining order, a pointless piece of paper that was obtained in a week, who is still waiting for someone to do a 5 minute check to make sure shes not a criminal, put her fingerprints on file, and mail a frikin piece of paper, so that she can ACTUALLY defend herself.

COME ON INDIANA

Do you really believe the office that handles these requests has as many employees as every cable company in Indiana??? Seriously?!?

Epic fail, dude.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    WTF? "dude"

Think of the steps that are taken to get your cable activated. Then think of the steps needed to get your LTCH.

Cable
    technician enters your data in their database
    puts in a work order for an installation tech to come to your house
    The installation tech comes to your house, runs cable, sets up your devices
    Sometimes they have to do work outside your home, on the lines.

LTCH
    Someone has to take the info you filled out on the paperwork and put it in the system, along with your prints.
    Someone needs to run a check on you to make sure your legal
    Someone needs to print the paper out and mail it to you.
    all of this can be accomplished while sitting down, via computer and phone.

Most of the time, a cable company can get you up and running in a day or 2, why does it take more than 143 days to send a piece of paper to someone with NO record?

Wheres the flaw in my logic?

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    WTF? "dude"

Think of the steps that are taken to get your cable activated. Then think of the steps needed to get your LTCH.

Cable
    technician enters your data in their database
    puts in a work order for an installation tech to come to your house
    The installation tech comes to your house, runs cable, sets up your devices
    Sometimes they have to do work outside your home, on the lines.

LTCH
    Someone has to take the info you filled out on the paperwork and put it in the system, along with your prints.
    Someone needs to run a check on you to make sure your legal
    Someone needs to print the paper out and mail it to you.
    all of this can be accomplished while sitting down, via computer and phone.

Most of the time, a cable company can get you up and running in a day or 2, why does it take more than 143 days to send a piece of paper to someone with NO record?

Wheres the flaw in my logic?
    Flaw? Only that there are probably THOUSANDS of cable company employees and maybe (I'm guessing) a dozen employees in the office that does the licences (maybe less). And they are two TOTALLY different processes. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

But be my guest. ***** and moan and make all the bad analogies you want. Let's see if it helps you get your license any faster...

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    and Im sure you are the same EVERY day. You never are okay for 142 days of waiting, then on the 143rd day, you get alittle riled.

Come one.... really? go find someone whos been waiting 16 days and is *****ing.

Its not about ME anyway.. I have no risk of immanent threat to my life, but someone does, probably many people do, and for them to have to wait almost half a year is ridiculous.

MrBlue54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    LaPorte
    Applied Nov. 16, 2012, snail route, manual finger prints
    Received it today, March 8, 2013, with an issue date of March 1,2013.
    Make an assumption that the check took a week to get cashed and we have that it took 98-days, or 14-weeks.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Flaw? Only that there are probably THOUSANDS of cable company employees and maybe (I'm guessing) a dozen employees in the office that does the licences (maybe less). And they are two TOTALLY different processes. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

But be my guest. ***** and moan and make all the bad analogies you want. Let's see if it helps you get your license any faster...

Like.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    and Im sure you are the same EVERY day. You never are okay for 142 days of waiting, then on the 143rd day, you get alittle riled.

Come one.... really? go find someone whos been waiting 16 days and is *****ing.

Its not about ME anyway.. I have no risk of immanent threat to my life, but someone does, probably many people do, and for them to have to wait almost half a year is ridiculous.

Good luck. Hope yours arrives soon.

lilruckus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Indy
    I called today and the lady told me that they are working on 1/2 & 1/3 L1 applications. My date is 1/7 so she said probably a week till my date is up for review.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I seriously doubt there are more people in this state applying for LTCH that are receiving cable.

Not trying to pick a fight.

I just wanted to say that when I applied for mine and went to Danville PD. The lady told me they were getting 60+ apps a day just in Dville. Now to me Danville is probably one of the smaller towns, so I can only imagine how many apps from all over the state are flooding in in a days time. If I'm remembering right (and please don't quote me on this), I read somewhere (don't know where or I'd find it) that applications that are coming in are up 500% than before. I'm gonna say a heck of a lot more than people ordering cable here in good ol' Indiana.

:cheers:

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I hope "horsehaulin"s arrives soon

Thank you, my wife does too, just seen one of the bastards family following us the othe day and sitting across the street from my house last week. A few buddies on FWPD are keeping an eye out for me and checking my house through the day until it gets here. Hoping that is soon! But, I will wait like the rest of you.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I understand that my emotions might have gotten in the way, temporarily, of my ability for rational thought. I had just re watched this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis

But I still can not figure out why it would take over 143 days to get someone a LTCH.

I can buy a timing inspection plug for my suzuki samurai from India, and someone can box it up, take it to a postal carrier, and it arrives at my door in less than a week, for 2$ shipping, but someone has to wait half a year to have a 5 minute check run on them, 5 minutes of typing done, and a piece of paper sent 50 miles????

Doesnt make sense. And after watching that video, Even though I know the circumstances are different, SOMETHING needs to be done to expedite the process.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    But I still can not figure out why it would take over 143 days to get someone a LTCH.

I can buy a timing inspection plug for my suzuki samurai from India, and someone can box it up, take it to a postal carrier, and it arrives at my door in less than a week, for 2$ shipping, but someone has to wait half a year to have a 5 minute check run on them, 5 minutes of typing done, and a piece of paper sent 50 miles????
    VOLUME. If the Indian Suzuki supplier went from his normal 500 belts a week to 5000 belts a week, and did not have the ability to hire more staff, you can bet that the wait time would increase exponentially.
    The employees in the licensing section have other duties to perform as well.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    They need to make it even harder in my opinion. (before the haters start in) Let me explain. My son-in-law works for Verizon Wireless. A guy came in the store with a broken iPhone 4 with no insurance on the phone and still under contract. He wanted to upgrade to an iPhone 5 and was informed that it would cost $600. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a loaded magazine and told the clerk that the bullet showing had his name on it and the one in the chamber had anybodies name on it. They asked him to leave the store. I told him if it ever happens again to push the panic button under the counter for the Police to come and take that retard away and burn his permit. Bullies do NOT need a permit.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Depositing money orders

A few pages ago somebody asked for the IC that required state agencies to immediately deposit the money orders.
    So, without further ado from the State Board of Accounts web site:

Indiana Code (IC) 5-13-6-1(b) states in part: "all public funds collected by state officers . . . shall be deposited with the treasurer of state, or an approved depository selected by the treasurer of state, not
    later than the business day following the receipt of the funds . . . Deposits do not relieve any state officer from the duty of maintaining a cashbook under IC 5-13-5-1."

https://myshare.in.gov/SBA/encompas...unting Manual/CH04 Accounting for Revenue.pdf

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    I think one reason is that they have to process people with misdemeanors which can take awhile, especially if they have to send away for more info. Also, I think they may be misinformed to think that most people don't "need" a permit right away. Otherwise I think they would hire more people than they already have. It is a shame that we can't just show a copy of the Bill of Rights and proof of citizenship as our permit.

westside bengal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    I am still waiting on mine. I probably have another 3 weeks or so. It is what it is.

The logic still defies me.

I can buy a gun with no wait or at least minimal wait.

But to carry the gun I have to jump thru hoops and wait and wait.

Now if I am a law abiding citizen who has nothing but good attentions in using my gun I am going to jump thru hoops and wait and wait.

But if I am a criminal or bad guy do I really care if I have a permit or not?

Its not like I am going to go buy a .357 to rob a bank and then wait till my permit arrives before I go rob it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom