• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I live in ft Wayne and did the same thing you did. I did it the 22nd of january. Its the slow way (non L1). But I believe you can call and get your app number and do the L1 fingerprinting. Its 84 dollars I believe, but you will eventually be refunded your state MO. Im still debating on whether I will do it considering I have an arrest on my record.
    Thanks for the reply. I have a clean record so it should not take as long as yours. I did applied in person on 1/14.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    So I emailed my local chief and he sent my app through. Now the real waiting finally begins. He said watch my mailbox in about 4 weeks. ??? I can safely say he doesn't read this forum. That or he has some inside knowledge and clout with the super. I'll take it, if so.

skpike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I recevied my Permit in 4 days. The fastest way to do it is definitely using the electronic finger printing. If you have a squeaky clean record and your local police are not bogged down, they can run your background and send it in instantly. I dropped it off on Tuesday and it came in the mail Saturday. It through me off at first, I thought it came so fast because it was a denial..:(

It was good to be wrong!!:rockwoot:

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I recevied my Permit in 4 days. The fastest way to do it is definitely using the electronic finger printing. If you have a squeaky clean record and your local police are not bogged down, they can run your background and send it in instantly. I dropped it off on Tuesday and it came in the mail Saturday. It through me off at first, I thought it came so fast because it was a denial..:(

What year did you do this? I am at 8 weeks, am already in the system with a security clearance AND being a teacher, so yours was not this year.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org

I call bull crap

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Did you hand deliver it to their office?

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just wanted to post what I'm seeing from my end as far as wait times.

My step dad and I went through L1 and he completed the process on 1/5 and I got mine in 1/28. He called the state police today just to see where they were at. They told him that today they just started working on the applications that came in on 12/30-1/1 so it would be a couple weeks still yet before they would begin processing applications in his date range. Sounds like he won't see his for at least a month or so.

Still kicking myself in the butt for getting my 4 year 4 years ago and waiting till now to get the lifetime......:ugh:

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    So I emailed my local chief and he sent my app through. Now the real waiting finally begins. He said watch my mailbox in about 4 weeks. ???

That's nothing. I applied at Hendricks Co. Sheriff the first week of January. The nice lady behind the glass told me, and I quote " Expect something in two weeks". Ha. They obviously have no clue.

kushmob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    That's nothing. I applied at Hendricks Co. Sheriff the first week of January. The nice lady behind the glass told me, and I quote " Expect something in two weeks". Ha. They obviously have no clue.

thats funny bc the lady in the laporte county sherrifs dept told me on feb 21st "itll be in the mail in about 8-10 days".....i was excited til i read this thread haha

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    I found this site last nite while searching for "ways to check on my LTCH permit status".....LOL.

Anyways...like many others out there...I applied for a Lifetime permit on 1-7-13 and went L1....and have still heard nothing.

I will update when I get any info.

At least I found a cool new place to hang out ! :D

TaurusJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I found this site last nite while searching for "ways to check on my LTCH permit status".....LOL.

Anyways...like many others out there...I applied for a Lifetime permit on 1-7-13 and went L1....and have still heard nothing.

I will update when I get any info.

At least I found a cool new place to hang out ! :D

Cool Indeed, friendly folks around here! Joined a little while ago. Knowledgeable as well! :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom