• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I applied for LTCH two weeks ago and cant wait to get it in the mail. I'll be travelling to Flint MI on a work assignment in a few weeks and hope to get it before then. Last time I was up there, all my buddies showed me their pieces. When they asked me what I was carrying, I said it was at home. Its pretty rough up there, hope to be packing next time.

Don't count on it. (see below)

I too did L1, but it was like the 2nd week of JAN 2013, and havent heard anything back yet. I have been attacking the mailman quite regularly and am about to give up that tact....I guess my question is, if Im still going to have to wait another 8 weeks or so, what was the point of doing L1, other than the obvious lack of ink that would have been on my fingers?

In watching the responses here, people who applied L1 on or around Dec 18 or 19 are receiving their pinks now, making their wait time right at 8 weeks. From the sound of things, since that time (end of December) the number of applications have really escalated (based on what I read here, hear in gunshops and on the news). Unless the State Popos add help in that department, the wait time will surely increase more.

And based solely on what I read on this forum, The wait for non-L1 is a couple months more. So that $9.95 buys you (in addition to your clean fingers) a couple of months of quality time with your Larry. More or less...

As always YMMV!

tj_v89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Don't count on it. (see below)

In watching the responses here, people who applied L1 on or around Dec 18 or 19 are receiving their pinks now, making their wait time right at 8 weeks. From the sound of things, since that time (end of December) the number of applications have really escalated (based on what I read here, hear in gunshops and on the news). Unless the State Popos add help in that department, the wait time will surely increase more.

And based solely on what I read on this forum, The wait for non-L1 is a couple months more. So that $9.95 buys you (in addition to your clean fingers) a couple of months of quality time with your Larry. More or less...

As always YMMV!

Haha, thanks!

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    I too did L1, but it was like the 2nd week of JAN 2013, and havent heard anything back yet. I have been attacking the mailman quite regularly and am about to give up that tact....I guess my question is, if Im still going to have to wait another 8 weeks or so, what was the point of doing L1, other than the obvious lack of ink that would have been on my fingers?

My response to this is because if you didn't do L1 it wouldn't be 8 weeks it would be 12-20.

tj_v89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Ok, so it sounds like I should expect my LTCH in about another 4 weeks...thats not terrible and I guess its what I get for waiting to do this at the same time as everybody else and their grandmas, too....thanks for the input, guys....glad I paid the extra $10

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    My wife and I renewed our 4 year LTCH to a lifetime on the same date, non-L1 . October 18th is the day we got finger printed. Our money orders were both cashed on 10/30. My wife received hers today. I, sadly, did not. Her record is squeaky clean and I have a couple hiccups but nothing major.

Thought I'd share this with you to help with the non-L1 time line. I expect to see mine in about 45 days.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    BEHOLD

applied

12-12-12
    L1
    Marion County
    No priors,

1212_zps70a3a405.jpg

The gal at the office said those who applied and paid around this time be ready to receive your this week to the middle of next.

Last edited:

TaurusJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis
    applied

12-12-12
    L1
    Marion County
    No priors,

1212_zps70a3a405.jpg

The gal at the office said those who applied around this time be ready to receive your this week to the middle of next.

That sure is pretty! You say you applied 12/12 when were payments actually made, my huge concern is wait time is based off of payments and not date of application.

westside bengal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Paid State and L1 and printed 12-27-2012
    Paid County 12-28-2012

Called today and lady said they were working on L1 submitted 12-19-2012.

I said "that means another week or two?" She said "yes." I gave her thanks and appreciation for looking it up.

lilruckus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Indy
    Paid - 1/7/13
    L-1
    Marion County
    Clean Record

I called today and spoke with Anthony. He said they are doing 12-19 & 12-20 L1 applications currently. He said they are processing around 300 to 400 apps a day. So, another 2-3 weeks to get to my app. Now remember they were closed during the holidays so there is a few less days of them taking apps.

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus
    Applied on Nov 1st (non L1)
    ISP cashed check on Nov 8th.
    Received my permit in the mail today (Feb 13)

clean record. No tickets or anything.

Was definitely worth the wait.

permit.JPG

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom