• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Just checked on mine...ISP has had it for 3 weeks and haven't started processing it yet. They said that they were currently 6 weeks out on the paper method. :(

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Just checked on mine...ISP has had it for 3 weeks and haven't started processing it yet. They said that they were currently 6 weeks out on the paper method. :(
    Ugh...I submitted my app about three weeks ago in Lawrence and nothing yet. Guess I should check the status :dunno:

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Ugh...I submitted my app about three weeks ago in Lawrence and nothing yet. Guess I should check the status :dunno:
    My local PD had it for 3 weeks and a day....sent it off the same day I got it back from them. I sure wish I had knew about L1...lol. I've gone all this time without one, but now that I've applied...I want sooner rather than later.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Can anyone out there answer me this? I sent my application by mail on July 17. I did everything on paper because I didn't know L1 existed. Could I, right now, go to the local L1 office and pay just the electronic fee (since I've already paid state and local) for my fingerprints to be expedited?

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Can anyone out there answer me this? I sent my application by mail on July 17. I did everything on paper because I didn't know L1 existed. Could I, right now, go to the local L1 office and pay just the electronic fee (since I've already paid state and local) for my fingerprints to be expedited?
    You read my mind.....

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    That might be possible, just call up the ISP and see what they say. I went through the process using the local L1 and from start to finish it only took me 8 days to get my license (8-16 Aug).

deerslayer74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    North East INDIANER!
    Sounds like I need to contact the Sheriff's Dept. And make sure it got sent out. It'll be a month Sunday and its driving me nuts. Been holding off buying a 1911 so I won't be tempted. Guess the wait is just gonna mean the gun fund will be in Kimber range haha.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Sounds like I need to contact the Sheriff's Dept. And make sure it got sent out. It'll be a month Sunday and its driving me nuts. Been holding off buying a 1911 so I won't be tempted. Guess the wait is just gonna mean the gun fund will be in Kimber range haha.

Yeah last Friday was a month for me. So so frustrating because I'd really like to bring my pistol with me to the 1500. Oh well, there's always the next one I guess...

spence1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Hello INGO'ers

Lurk here alot and a member. just dont post much

thought i would let you all know about my LTCH wait just FYI

Did the online app last friday (a week ago)....went to local PD (Noblesville) the following Monday to do what i thought was finger prints and pay the money. Lady at the station said if they had not called me yet, they weren't finished with the background check and i couldn't do anything else yet...then she asked me if i was doing the "L1" fingerprint option...then proceeded to tell me that with out it, the wait could be as much as 7-10 months!!

So after hearing that I went ahead with the "L1" method of which i hadn't planned on originally doing.

SO...to shorten the story, they called me on Tuesday and said the background check was done and the cheif had signed the application...went up there tues morning at 10:30...paid them, gave them the L1 reiciept, then she said it would "go out" today.

Not even thinking about it, when i checked the mail today, it was in the mailbox!!..THATS 4 DAYS FROM THE DAY IT ENT IN!!

Just thought I would tell everyone that the L1 method of the fingerprints obviously speeds things up drastically!!!.....just sayin:D

Roger

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Thanks for the info, Roger. I applied online about a month ago but lost the form I printed out, so I was going to take someones suggestion and just re-apply when the 30 days are up. Interesting what you were told at the station...I remember the app clearly telling me that the next step would be for me to go to my local PD and pay my fees. I haven't received any phone calls, anyway.

spence1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Yah. I really didn't know the next step either. I didn't know I couldn't do
    Anything else till the background check came back. But it does kinda make sense. And I don't know if she was stretching it a little with the 7-10 month comment either. I just figured I really didn't have much to lose except another 9.95. Lol

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Finally got mine tonight. 7 weeks and a day for Montgomery County. Did everything on paper. This kind of wait time is totally understandable. Since it's the 21st century, people have a hard time doing stuff on paper anymore.

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Did mine online through the L1 service. Filled out the application on Wednesday Aug 22nd, went and did the L1 fingerprints and the local fee on Friday Aug 24th, received my license the following Friday, Aug 31. Really easy to do too, I was at the L1 and the local office for less then 10 minutes each. Online is definitely the way to go! Marion County for me.

bfaves

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    applied the ole fashioned way 3 weeks ago in brown county probabaly be another 4 weeks at least.. just got a sr9c for when it comes!!!

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Similar to other posts... Applied online and went with L1 inkless... turnaround was 1 week.
    That's it.. 1 week. -- St. Joe County

bubba31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Same for me in St Joe county, put in my application online for my lifetime permit kept my app number called L-1 solutions got fingerprinted paid my fees on a friday was told 7-14 days and received it the following friday

nismoz33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lawrenceburg HVL
    I'm still waiting on mine & did it all online & through L1. The local Sheriff office said that they had processed & sent the application to ISP the same day I paid my fees. That was over 3 weeks ago now.

Still waiting....

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Wife did application online Tuesday. Finger printing threw L-1 on Thursday and local fee on Friday. It's been a week now so I hope it comes in by Wednesday.

Edit

Wife just got her life time LTCH in the mail today.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom