Not open for further replies.

Dunko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    LTCH Wait

Hey Guys,

new to the forum so I think i posted this in the wrong place before but I got my fingerprints on the 18th of Sept and then filled out my app at Westfield PD on the 20th. My license came in the mail three weeks later.:):

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    The paper way is pure hell...lol. Local PD had it for 4 weeks. I sent it to the State on 8/8 and still don't have my license yet. Wish I would have known about the L1 when I applied. :(

Last edited:

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    The paper way is pure hell...lol. Local PD had it for 4 weeks. I sent it to the State on 8/8 and still don't have my license yet. Wish I would have known about the L1 when I applied. :(
    http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Instructions_for_the_Online_Application_Process_effective_July1_2011.pdf

seems cut n dry about the L1 to me. :dunno:

more specifically this sentence.
    If you would like to receive your license more expediently and you are able to pay for your state fee
    using a credit card, you should use the L1 option offered at the end of the application process. L1 does
    charge a $9.95 fee for use of their fingerprint service.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Trying that now, however the L1 website keeps throwing errors saying my application number is invalid (copy-paste from application website, typed manually, etc.)

Grrrr....

Apparently I spoke too soon. Just needed to wait a half hour or so.

I need to learn patience, and I need to learn it NOW!

JaySoSaySo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Camby
    About two months and counting

Filled out the online app for Marion county and went downtown to fingerprint in mid-july...still waiting...:dunno:

They put me on hold when I bought my G22 - I suppose since I am not a native to Indiana but rather originally from Iowa.

Interesting that some of you guys are saying 7-14 days and others 1 month and I am at a solid 2 months with nothing....:noway:

Anyone else been in this boat?

:delivery:
    Not yet...

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    It's time for my renewal, except I want to exercise the lifetime option (City of Evansville, Vanderburgh County). My current one expires at the end of October, 2012.

Forget the paper route. What steps do I follow, and what websites are necessary to expedite this through the Internet?

Anyone?

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    It's time for my renewal, except I want to exercise the lifetime option (City of Evansville, Vanderburgh County). My current one expires at the end of October, 2012.

Forget the paper route. What steps do I follow, and what websites are necessary to expedite this through the Internet?

Anyone?

First, go to ISP: Firearms Licensing and read through the instructions. You fill out the online application at Application for Handgun License. When you get to the fingerprinting part off the application, we recommend using a L1 security electronic fingerprinting site. You can schedule an appointment at a site near you. Be sure to do exactly as the instructions tell you and you should be fine. I got my lifetime license this past winter in about 2 weeks.

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    I just got mine a few days ago. 1 week to the day after I paid the local fee I had it in the mail. I've been in Indiana for about 20 years now but was originally from Michigan.

jeepjester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    Tomorrow will be 5 weeks still no sign of it. I wish I would have read this first, I wouldn't have went the paper route.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Tomorrow will be 5 weeks still no sign of it. I wish I would have read this first, I wouldn't have went the paper route.
    In the same boat as you....I'm at about 6 weeks. I called my local PD yesterday to inquire, and was abruptly told "it takes 8-12 weeks" :dunno: I'm kicking myself for not using L1....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom