• Status
    Not open for further replies.

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    Wow, wish I had such luck. I renewed mine on 6/15/12 Did the app online L1 paid PD all in same day and I still am waiting. It has been like 34 days but who's counting? Mine expired the 1st but I was told as long as I have my receipt I am good. I am guessing it is because of my misdemeanor it is taking this long but I still didn't think it would be this long.

mheymann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    I applied 7/10, finger printed at L1 and paid at FWPD 7/11. Just got my license today on 7/20.

Last edited:

adsVA83

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I did my paperwork and submitted it online and then schedulded the finger printing at the outsourced place. They sent my prints off, I went downtown Indy and paid them there. 3 days later I had my license in the mail.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Has anyone here recently applied for the lifetime license? How long did it take to get yours? I'm curious to know how long the current wait is because I was told 4-8 weeks, but then I read that it was 12-14.

I wonder if this dude who is the OP...almost 5 years old now since he posted...with a total of 6 posts...has any idea that this thread is almost 3600 posts long...

Spucky138

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Took me about 5 days to get mine. I filled out the application online and got fingerprinted the next day. Went to the Fort Wayne PD and got my license in 4 days. :)

lj98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Evansville
    I completed the online application on 11 July, got fingerprinted and visited the local sheriff's department on 16 July, and recieved my LTCH today.

Additionally, I called today to check on my status (prior to the mail arriving) and was told that my application was actually approved on 18 July.

I will say that this was much quicker than it took me to get my CHL in Texas.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Could someone please show me the LTCH part?

kreepin2g

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    new whiteland
    local pd turned mine in on the 5th of july, called today and was told the time frame is 5-6 days. mine on the other hand is still a couple weeks out due to background check issues. why couldnt my mom name me something off the wall. same full name and birthdate as a felon fml

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Finally got my LTCH today.. applied, L1 scan, local PD all on June 9. Received my LTCH today. (I did have some background stuff that was amended/fixed as well though, to be fair)

Still.. tolerable.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    I'm getting rather irritated with my own wait. I paid the extra cash and did the electronic fingerprints... on July 5th. I've spoken with more than a few people that did theirs the same day or after and already have it. My history isn't to blame, squeaky clean. Guessing the holdup must be my local PD.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'm getting rather irritated with my own wait. I paid the extra cash and did the electronic fingerprints... on July 5th. I've spoken with more than a few people that did theirs the same day or after and already have it. My history isn't to blame, squeaky clean. Guessing the holdup must be my local PD.

BINGO! Follow up.

Good luck.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It took 6 weeks to the day to get mine. If yours is taking longer I would guess that it is beacuse they randomly flag a few for a closer back ground check. If you have no issues in your history you will get it!

Backyardace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012

My local PD delayed mine for a month. I suggest that you call them and ask for the status. I had to, twice.

deanc24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2012
    Went downtown Indy to L1 at 10:20 on 7-23 to get printed, drove over to city county building to pay remainder of fees (local) after background check succeeded - took all of 15 minutes to get parked and passed security. Received lifetime license in mail Thursday 7-26. Went to Kinkos Saturday to get it laminated. Couldn't have been any easier!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom