• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I applied and did my fingerprints at the Brownsburg Police Department the slow way on January 11. I received mine in the mail today. I figured it was going to take a little longer based on some recent comments. Glad its here.

lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    I applied and did my fingerprints at the Brownsburg Police Department the slow way on January 11. I received mine in the mail today. I figured it was going to take a little longer based on some recent comments. Glad its here.

Hendricks County Sheriff must sit on them for awhile. I know my background is ok. Hell with the clearences I had in the military and as many background checks I went through, on top of having a FL CC permit you would think it would take no time. I got a feeling it will show up pretty soon based on the other comments I've read though.

EDIT: Mine showed up today just like I had a gut feeling it would.

Last edited:

Spaatzman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    I finished the application process on Friday, yes this past Friday, and received it in the mail today! Thats got to be some sort of record turn around time. I did use the online application and L-1 process.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    My daughter filed the old fashioned way in Fishers (Hamilton County) and got hers back in 3 weeks.

My son filed the old fashioned way also and on the same week, but filed in Lawrence (Marion County) and he's still waiting after 7 weeks.................go figure?

He still has at-least another week. I'm still waiting after 8 weeks. I filed in Marion Co. Jan. 4th.

Navyvet59

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Marion
    Waiting time

The average time is 6-10 weeks but when you apply online, there is a area where you can have your fingerprints done quickly by a separate company for an extra fee of $10 I believe and then finish at the police dept and have it within 7 days.:ar15:

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    The average time is 6-10 weeks but when you apply online, there is a area where you can have your fingerprints done quickly by a separate company for an extra fee of $10 I believe and then finish at the police dept and have it within 7 days.:ar15:

Wish I would have taken this route. Though at the time I wasn't in a rush. I'll be buying my first handgun tomorrow and really wish I could carry...at-least I can go to the range. I will recommend L-1 to friends and family for now on. The extra $10 is worth it!

EODThree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Brazil
    Dropped in at the Clay County Sheriffs office late Thursday and got my pink-slip in the mail on Tuesday. I would NOT have believed they could get it done and in my hands in five days. :wow:

BroadbandBrat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Applied online 2/23, L1 and digital prints 2/24 I got my lifetime LTCH permit today 3/2 w00t!!! L1 is the way to go! I was told 5-7 days wait, looks like thats right. Now I need to find a handgun that goes with my AK. Oh what to do, what to do? :rockwoot: and :dunno: and :D

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    I sent in the paperwork and old school prints on January 19th. I received my pink card today 3/2. If I were to go back in time I would have done the L1 fingerprints.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    I do not know the difference between these two types of permits. Would someone please explain how each works?

Type of Handgun License
    Life Hunt/Target no Current Lic $25 State/$50 Local Fee
    Life Pers Protect no Current License $75 State/$50 Local

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I do not know the difference between these two types of permits. Would someone please explain how each works?

Type of Handgun License
    Life Hunt/Target no Current Lic $25 State/$50 Local Fee
    Life Pers Protect no Current License $75 State/$50 Local

Hunt/ target only allows you to carry when hunting
    Personal protection allows you to carry all the time.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    i applied in late jan, a nice lady on the phone a few weeks ago told me they received it on jan 20th. I still have not received mine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom