• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Netranger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Lawrenceburg / SE Indiana
    Why would anyone take the paperwork, inked prints, snail-mail route? 10-15 days for electronic versus 3-4 or more months for paper??? I heard from a reliable source that they are giving more attention to the electronic method to move people AWAY from the older traditional method. Electronic was the way to go. I would recommend it to anyone. Just my humble opinion.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Why would anyone take the paperwork, inked prints, snail-mail route? 10-15 days for electronic versus 3-4 or more months for paper??? I heard from a reliable source that they are giving more attention to the electronic method to move people AWAY from the older traditional method. Electronic was the way to go. I would recommend it to anyone. Just my humble opinion.
    Well, like I said, I was home and the sheriffs department was less than a half mile from the gun store. It was a convenience decision. Plus, it saved me $10 of inheritance money that I'll be able to put towards something else. Seeing as how the L-1 in Greenfield is only open one day a week, and the next closest one to the house was on the north side of Indy, it also saved me about $20 or so in gas. So, not only was it convenient, it was more economical for me.

Easy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Kokomo
    After I applied - it took 1.5 weeks to get my LTCH in the mail. Everything went perfectly smooth too - from L1 to dealing with my local PD.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I called today and got some good infomation.
    Basically, I was told that applications with fingerprint cards are "back-burner" apps, because the fingerprints have to be converted to electronic, whereas L-1 is already electronic.

Secondly, I was told that they are WAY behind because apparently, everyone got or bought a firearm for Christmas, thus they have a LOT of apps to process.

The lady I spoke with today said that she was personally working on physical applications (with fingerprint cards) received on January 12. If that's any indicator, without doing L-1 you could be looking at 8 weeks, easily.

So, this is good info to give you an idea on when your app might be processed. In the end, L-1 is the way to go.

Blog63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    I applied for mine a week and a half ago. I got it back yesterday. So it took me like 10 days to get mine back. I also did my fingerprints electronically though.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I called today and got some good infomation.
    Basically, I was told that applications with fingerprint cards are "back-burner" apps, because the fingerprints have to be converted to electronic, whereas L-1 is already electronic.

Secondly, I was told that they are WAY behind because apparently, everyone got or bought a firearm for Christmas, thus they have a LOT of apps to process.

The lady I spoke with today said that she was personally working on physical applications (with fingerprint cards) received on January 12. If that's any indicator, without doing L-1 you could be looking at 8 weeks, easily.

So, this is good info to give you an idea on when your app might be processed. In the end, L-1 is the way to go.

Thanks for the heads up on that one. My GF is planning on getting hers soon, I will tell her to go the L1 route.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My daughter filed the old fashioned way in Fishers (Hamilton County) and got hers back in 3 weeks.

My son filed the old fashioned way also and on the same week, but filed in Lawrence (Marion County) and he's still waiting after 7 weeks.................go figure?

RMOR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Anderson
    I turned in all the appropriate lifetime LTCH ppwk and money, and got fingerprinted at the Madison Co. SD the "old fashioned way", on Jan 10. In yesterday's mail I received my ISP envelope, with the pink paper inside! Took just under 7 weeks, I was expecting 8 or more, so it could've been worse.

Carried IWB to church this morning in celebration! :draw:

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    The wifey is still waiting, not patiently either.

I looked at the closest location to me for the L1 and it is a KFC? What kind of operation is this? This is a Martinsville location.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The wifey is still waiting, not patiently either.

I looked at the closest location to me for the L1 and it is a KFC? What kind of operation is this? This is a Martinsville location.

I guess it is possible. L1 locations are franchises, sometimes run out of other businesses..

rby1rby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Delphi
    Prints on 1-24-12
    Background check 1-30-12
    Paid local fees 2-6-12
    Permit in the mail 2-10-12
    I didn't pay the extra $10 or do anything special
    Done my prints (L1) in Clinton county
    Paid my loals in Carroll county
    Prints were done at a YMCA

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Prints on 1-24-12
    Background check 1-30-12
    Paid local fees 2-6-12
    Permit in the mail 2-10-12
    I didn't pay the extra $10 or do anything special
    Done my prints (L1) in Clinton county
    Paid my loals in Carroll county
    Prints were done at a YMCA

If you did L-1 the extra ten bucks was included in the price you paid.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    I applied online on Feb 6th. Did the L-1 fingerprinting on the 13th and I had my card by Saturday the 18th. So worth the 10 bucks more! My Buddy sent his in seven weeks ago and just got his a week after I sent mine in. Go with the L-1! It only took like 5 mins at the location in Anderson.

lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    I applied on line right after Thanksgiving time. First week in Dec I went to the Sheriff's station in Danville for finger print and payment. I was told 14 - 16 weeks. I did not do the electronic finger print because my neighbor got his without the electronic finger prints in 8 weeks. I've still not got mine yet.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I applied on line right after Thanksgiving time. First week in Dec I went to the Sheriff's station in Danville for finger print and payment. I was told 14 - 16 weeks. I did not do the electronic finger print because my neighbor got his without the electronic finger prints in 8 weeks. I've still not got mine yet.

You didn't do the L1 electronic fingerprints because your neighbour didn't either, and he got his in 8 weeks. But if you and him had both done the L1 you'd both would've probably got them in 2-4 weeks.

D'oh.

lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    Very true, I was in no hurry at the time and figured what the heck 8 weeks isn't that long and I wasn't going hunting any time soon. Not having it isn't going to stop me from using them if I had to for home or business protection. Live and learn...

Another neighbor applied for his with the electronic finger printing and it took him 5 weeks. So it seems to vary some. I know tell people to just go with the electronic finger print when asked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom