Not open for further replies.

RELee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    LTCH

after a year of waiting guess what came in the mail today???:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:heeee haw!!!

applied 2-8-12
    in my mail 2-18-12

btw....had some legal issues to take care of. thats why the year wait...

jhutt50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    I applied last week on Thursday (2/9) elected for the electronic fingerprinting. Scheduled fingerprinting on Tuesday (2/14), after fingerprinting went to the county building downtown and paid the local fee. License arrived today, Saturday (2/18). Came very quickly, very happy.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Filled in app online, Fingerprinted on 31st Jan 2012 at L1 in Merrillville

Went to Schererville PD 1st Feb 2012

Pink piece of paper arrived today, 18th Feb.

That's 13 working days, if my maths is correct.

I think that's pretty good going. I was a very happy boy today when I saw the "Indiana State Police" envelope :D :D :D

madgeo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Did my app online 2/1/12
    Went to L1 on 2/9/12, also paid for locals on that day
    Still waiting for it to show. Hopfully no issues
    Got in the mail on Sat 2/25/12 around Noon

Last edited:

DMND1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    HELL'S HIGHWAY
    DID MY APP ONLINE DID L1 NEXT DAY WENT TO COUNTY SHOP ON FEB 4TH GOT PINK SLIP ON FEB 11TH SENT ON SATURDAY GOT NEXT SATURDAY. VERY QUICK NO HASSLES NO PROBS !

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Anybody know what the average non-L1 printing wait time is? I was told 3-4 months, but was hoping ISP would finish their part of the application a little sooner. Anybody do this with ink instead of L-1?

Netranger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Lawrenceburg / SE Indiana
    My wife and I did our apps online back on 2/6, did the L1's on 2/9, did the local PD thing on 2/13 and got our PINK mail from the ISP this afternoon. Not bad. We wasted time up front over a weekend because we wanted to make sure the appropriate people would be on duty at the local PD to process the stuff electronically. Very happy to be "legal". Next step is the Utah or Florida concealed carry permit. Thanks to all the great INGO posts and information that made this process for us very easy and simple to understand. YOU GUYS & GALS ROCK!!!

RMOR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Anderson
    Anybody know what the average non-L1 printing wait time is? I was told 3-4 months, but was hoping ISP would finish their part of the application a little sooner. Anybody do this with ink instead of L-1?

I don't know what the average wait is but I can tell you I'm at 5 weeks. ISP told me "8 weeks" is their time frame, so I'm guessing I have another 3 weeks or so.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I called today to check on my Lifetime and got a recording that said, Due to an extremely high volume increase of online applications that they are getting them processed as fast as they can but it is causing some delays. That ought to tell ya something right there. I'm at 2 weeks tomorrow so we'll see how much longer it takes.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I don't know what the average wait is but I can tell you I'm at 5 weeks. ISP told me "8 weeks" is their time frame, so I'm guessing I have another 3 weeks or so.
    I was back home this past weekend picking up a handgun and the sheriffs department isn't far from the gun store I was purchasing from, so I just went ahead and did the ink printing. The lady told me it would be 3-4 months. Yeah, months. Seeing as how I'm in school for roughly (at the time) another 2 and a half months, it wasn't a big deal. I'm just wanting to get it over with. I hate dealing with government entities.

I called today to check on my Lifetime and got a recording that said, Due to an extremely high volume increase of online applications that they are getting them processed as fast as they can but it is causing some delays. That ought to tell ya something right there. I'm at 2 weeks tomorrow so we'll see how much longer it takes.
    Do you know if there is a website I can go to that will look that info up?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I was in back home this past weekend picking up a handgun and the sheriffs department isn't far from the gun store I was purchasing from, so I just went ahead and did the ink printing. The lady told me it would be 3-4 months. Yeah, months. Seeing as how I'm in school for roughly (at the time) another 2 and a half months, it wasn't a big deal. I'm just wanting to get it over with. I hate dealing with government entities.

Do you know if there is a website I can go to that will look that info up?

No there is not, they told me on the phone that for L-1 they are swamped and it is running 4 weeks right now on those. I'd venture to say your gonna be a while.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    after a year of waiting guess what came in the mail today???:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:heeee haw!!!

applied 2-8-12
    in my mail 2-18-12

btw....had some legal issues to take care of. thats why the year wait...
    That's only 10 days :): Or are you saying you decided to wait for a year then applied?

Straight from the show to the range

As of July 2011 you can transport a handgun from your home to a gun range without a LTCH as long as it is properly secured/cased. Or wherever you purchase it from or have it worked on. gun shops don't ask to see a LTCH

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom