• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Total i paid out was 185. Finger prints, federal, state fee. and it took 2 weeks to get mine back.

$185???? How much did you pay and to whom? The most expensive license listed on the form is the Lifetime w/out current lic. It is $125, $75 to the ISP, $50 to locals. With the optional $9.95 to L-1 Solutions if you choose to go that route to speed things up. So if you go the L-1 route you're looking at $134.95. $185??? Where are you located?

Last edited:

Fabiga5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Porter County
    I applied online on Wednesday evening September 22, was fingerprinted the next evening after work at the Valparaiso PD. Mailed the prints and application that same evening on the 23rd. Received my card in mail this past Saturday the 1st:) So, nine days from mailing to receipt, I can't complain about that wait at all, especially since I didn't use the L-1 to have the prints done.

tatglock23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Filled out app and L1 on Sep. 16 in lawrence called today and chief of police hasn't signed. Is this normal to wait 3 weeks to get chief to sign before it goes to isp? New to the area but I am a resident.

tatglock23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    What's or who is whiting if you are saying whining...no just curious read through the forums and average time seems to be 1 to 2 weeks with L1 just curious never done this before

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    What's or who is whiting if you are saying whining...no just curious read through the forums and average time seems to be 1 to 2 weeks with L1 just curious never done this before

Typo - Are you in Whiting? Chief is out of town until next week I think.

tatglock23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Sorry don't know the area just move here a.few months ago from joplin mo. I'm in Lawrenceoff of carol rd. She said he should sign sometime this week.

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    I just got my LTCH in the mail today!:rockwoot: Never thought I'd be so happy to see a pink piece of paper. Applied with L-1 9/23, came in the mail 10/6, not bad. 2 days sooner and $25 more then PA, but I'm happy.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Can some one here help me understand what the $&#%& is up with Carmel?? As many will know, here in Carmel we must INTERVIEW with the Chief of Police BEFORE they will OK the application to continue on the ISP for processing.

I completed my online appl. on 9/16, a Friday and scheduled my fingerprinting with L-1 the following Monday at 9:30a. As soon as I get home from L-1 I called the CPD and scheduled my INTERVIEW for the following Tues. 9/27. During the process I inquired as to the process and the lady said that Carmel was still small enough that it allowed them to still kind of "keep hands on the porcess some" and that they will do a background check and that once I pass the BC and the interview they will OK it and send it (my app) on to the ISP for processing. All right whatever.

Then, on the 9/26 I get a call from the CPD lady that schedules these INTERVIEWS and she advises me that the Chief wont' be able to see me at my scheduled appointment and would need to reschedule and wants to reschedule me for 3p or something later that day. I advise that I have to be home from 2:30 to 4p each day to collect my kids from the school buses. She peruses the schedule and informs me that there isn't anything in the next 2 weeks that isn't after 3pm.

At this point I am getting irritated and she says that she will talk to the Chief and get back to me. The time here is 8:30am 9/27. I call back at 8;30am the next day we set a time of 9am on Oct. 4th. 19 days AFTER I completed my app and 16 days after my appt. with L-1.

Had appt. w/COP on Wed. 10/5. Nice guy. Sd. was sending on to ISP. 23 days since printing at L-1. Still waiting. :whistle:

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Applied for mine October 13th......hoping it comes sooner rather than later. If you go to FWPD, don't forget that you have to also bring 4 stamps.....I did.

To get the lifetime permit at the Fort Wayne PD, you'll need a $50 money order, a $75 money order, and 4 stamps.

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    I'm in Lafayette, and I received my lifetime LTCH in 10 days. I applied online, did my prints the next day, and went to the station the next day to pay my local fee.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom