• Status
    Not open for further replies.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Can't believe it's just an 8x11 sheet of pink paper.

That was a bit of a shock too.

What is everyone doing with your paper? One guy at work made 20 copies on same color paper carry's one others in safety deposit box, another guy copied on white paper, and one had his laminated. Not sure what to do with mine to keep it safe.

Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    It look me exactly 14 days with the L1. I made pink copies of mine as well. Although the woman at Fedex was telling me i can do it like that. "ma'am please just take my money":):

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My wife went the L1 route. Fingerprints 9/9 then to the South Bend cop shop on 9/12. The records gal said 90 days! I did mine in March and I had it in 9 days so we'll see. I used the L1 process too.

It wouldn't suprise me if SBPD is purposely dragging their feet since they are PO'd at the new laws taking effect 7/1/11...

We'll see...

Got it yesterday, 9/17/11.

My apology to the SBPD.

Fireburnzero1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Just got my LTCH. they said normal wait now is 30-60 days. Apparently everyone and their mother is getting one. I popped the extra $10 and got my finger prints done electronic and got myine in 6 days

midget96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Avoca
    I was told by a police officer that you are suppose to carry the original pink one. But if you copy it pink and laminate it you can not tell the difference. My original is in the gun safe !!! A white one is illegal according to him. Just what I was told.

iwas1ncthr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2011
    Anderson
    I got mine in about 11 days but I also went through that outside agency that does your fingerprints as well as submits it electronically. I completed my fingerprints and handed it into the CS office on March 1st and got it via US Mail on March 12th

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    LTCH delay in Carmel

Can some one here help me understand what the $&#%& is up with Carmel?? As many will know, here in Carmel we must INTERVIEW with the Chief of Police BEFORE they will OK the application to continue on the ISP for processing.

I completed my online appl. on 9/16, a Friday and scheduled my fingerprinting with L-1 the following Monday at 9:30a. As soon as I get home from L-1 I called the CPD and scheduled my INTERVIEW for the following Tues. 9/27. During the process I inquired as to the process and the lady said that Carmel was still small enough that it allowed them to still kind of "keep hands on the porcess some" and that they will do a background check and that once I pass the BC and the interview they will OK it and send it (my app) on to the ISP for processing. All right whatever.

Then, on the 9/26 I get a call from the CPD lady that schedules these INTERVIEWS and she advises me that the Chief wont' be able to see me at my scheduled appointment and would need to reschedule and wants to reschedule me for 3p or something later that day. I advise that I have to be home from 2:30 to 4p each day to collect my kids from the school buses. She peruses the schedule and informs me that there isn't anything in the next 2 weeks that isn't after 3pm.

At this point I am getting irritated and she says that she will talk to the Chief and get back to me. The time here is 8:30am 9/27. I call back at 8;30am the next day we set a time of 9am on Oct. 4th. 19 days AFTER I completed my app and 16 days after my appt. with L-1.

Now, the way I see this, based on what I have been reading here, I am waiting FAAAAR longer for this process to go on that ANYONE here has relayed as to their own experience. The cost of the BC is included in the fees that we pay and CPD is going to run a background check IN ADDITION TO the BC that the ISP (who are tasked by law with performing the BC). As such, I am paying TWICE for the same process to be performed by two different agencies to return the same result. And if the CPD can find something that the ISP can't then there is a REAL problem in the ISP.

Can anyone explain to me what the deal is here????? I'm not afraid of the BC, h_ _l this will be like the 6th one in 6 yrs. what with 3 different schools and Boy Scouts. This comes across like some Liberal cluster-you-know-what that is designed to complicate things and discourage those applying for their LTCH. And this is supposed to be a Conservative town. Sheesh. :wallbash:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Can some one here help me understand what the $&#%& is up with Carmel?? As many will know, here in Carmel we must INTERVIEW with the Chief of Police BEFORE they will OK the application to continue on the ISP for processing.

I completed my online appl. on 9/16, a Friday and scheduled my fingerprinting with L-1 the following Monday at 9:30a. As soon as I get home from L-1 I called the CPD and scheduled my INTERVIEW for the following Tues. 9/27. During the process I inquired as to the process and the lady said that Carmel was still small enough that it allowed them to still kind of "keep hands on the porcess some" and that they will do a background check and that once I pass the BC and the interview they will OK it and send it (my app) on to the ISP for processing. All right whatever.

Then, on the 9/26 I get a call from the CPD lady that schedules these INTERVIEWS and she advises me that the Chief wont' be able to see me at my scheduled appointment and would need to reschedule and wants to reschedule me for 3p or something later that day. I advise that I have to be home from 2:30 to 4p each day to collect my kids from the school buses. She peruses the schedule and informs me that there isn't anything in the next 2 weeks that isn't after 3pm.

At this point I am getting irritated and she says that she will talk to the Chief and get back to me. The time here is 8:30am 9/27. I call back at 8;30am the next day we set a time of 9am on Oct. 4th. 19 days AFTER I completed my app and 16 days after my appt. with L-1.

Now, the way I see this, based on what I have been reading here, I am waiting FAAAAR longer for this process to go on that ANYONE here has relayed as to their own experience. The cost of the BC is included in the fees that we pay and CPD is going to run a background check IN ADDITION TO the BC that the ISP (who are tasked by law with performing the BC). As such, I am paying TWICE for the same process to be performed by two different agencies to return the same result. And if the CPD can find something that the ISP can't then there is a REAL problem in the ISP.

Can anyone explain to me what the deal is here????? I'm not afraid of the BC, h_ _l this will be like the 6th one in 6 yrs. what with 3 different schools and Boy Scouts. This comes across like some Liberal cluster-you-know-what that is designed to complicate things and discourage those applying for their LTCH. And this is supposed to be a Conservative town. Sheesh. :wallbash:

Can they LEGALLY do that? Force you to interview? We are a SHALL ISSUE state. Someone should challenge that.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville

CPD...'nuff said...lol

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    Anyone have more info on South Bend? The clerk said "they will be calling" is there an interview or something? Because it has been a week(I keep reading 2 weeks with L-1 is the norm) and my money order has not been cashed yet:noway:. I know it hasn't been too long, I just want to know if there is a history of SBPD dragging their feet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom