Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    3 weeks

Lifetime came in the mail today!

I applied on-line 3 weeks ago; L1 the next day. I had to wait 2 weeks to meet my local Police Chief (last week), then 1 week wait for the license. I made a copy and then had the original laminated.

Off to the range tomorrow and then perhaps a new pistol.:patriot:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Lifetime came in the mail today!

I applied on-line 3 weeks ago; L1 the next day. I had to wait 2 weeks to meet my local Police Chief (last week), then 1 week wait for the license. I made a copy and then had the original laminated.

Off to the range tomorrow and then perhaps a new pistol.:patriot:

Meet your local Police Chief?? Why? :dunno:

Indiana is a "shall issue" State, as long as you meet the requirements, the State Police issues you an LTCH. A local Police Chief not sending your app to ISP until after an interview is illegal.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    No complaints, 3 weeks is not too long to wait.

I did the ISP appl. on-line and prints electronically. Just had to pay the local fee and it was preferred that I meet the Chief. There were no questions regarding why, only if I had questions pertaining to the laws (no carry in schools, etc.). The meeting was OK and it did not seem to slow down the process (looking for an exception might have taken longer?).

I have heard of other local police departments seeking a meeting.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana

I did the ISP appl. on-line and prints electronically. Just had to pay the local fee and it was preferred that I meet the Chief. There were no questions regarding why, only if I had questions pertaining to the laws (no carry in schools, etc.). The meeting was OK and it did not seem to slow down the process (looking for an exception might have taken longer?).

I remember back when I was first going to apply for my LTCH, you had to submit in writing a short "essay" on why you wanted/needed a permit (Back then it was Personal Protection Permit or Target and Hunting Permit), AND have an interview with the Chief of police.

Apparently a friend of mine wrote on his essay "Because it's my right as a citizen guaranteed by the Constitution" and was denied, something about a "flippant attitude" or something like that (this was several years ago, so details are fuzzy), so he went to the Sheriff's department, explained what happened, and applied through them.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Some place still do it, yes, but they are still skirting the law by doing so. We have had stories of local PDs being called out on it and told to stop the practice by the ISP, if I recall correctly.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My wife went the L1 route. Fingerprints 9/9 then to the South Bend cop shop on 9/12. The records gal said 90 days! I did mine in March and I had it in 9 days so we'll see. I used the L1 process too.

It wouldn't suprise me if SBPD is purposely dragging their feet since they are PO'd at the new laws taking effect 7/1/11...

We'll see...

Last edited:

painmerchant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    clarksville
    if you have your finger prints filed electronically it can get back to you in as soon as 2 weeks, if they d it the old fashioned way and mail the prints and info in it could take around about forever and a day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom