• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dljx3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    It may depend onthe county where you live. I think the local sheriff needs to review the application. In Shelby county, it took about 5 weeks...

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    Finally got mine today. Applied with snail mail around Aug24th or 25th. Now to just make copies and laminate. Do the copies have to be pink also?

Sewerdude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    LaPorte
    I did the L-1 thing Oct 29, went directly to the Sheriff's Dept to give them my 50 bucks and so on.........From what I've read on here I thought I should of had it by now going the L1 route..............So I called the State Police to see what the status was...After giving her my name, etc she said that my info wasnt even electronically filed with them till Nov 7 !! Thats 10 days they held on to it... What the heck......L-1 must be taking their sweet time sending the info to the SP........Anybody else had to wait longer than usual going the L 1 route?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I did the L-1 thing Oct 29, went directly to the Sheriff's Dept to give them my 50 bucks and so on.........From what I've read on here I thought I should of had it by now going the L1 route..............So I called the State Police to see what the status was...After giving her my name, etc she said that my info wasnt even electronically filed with them till Nov 7 !! Thats 10 days they held on to it... What the heck......L-1 must be taking their sweet time sending the info to the SP........Anybody else had to wait longer than usual going the L 1 route?

I'd guess your local police were the hold up. The way Crawfordsville PD explained it to my wife when she applied via L1, L1 forwarded the background check to them, the locals did their thing, then sent it on to the state police. From what some folks have posted on here, a lot of the smaller local departments only have someone working this stuff 1 day or so a week.

E

eric.duvall@insightbb.com

Applied online on 11/3/10 and set up appointment with L-1 for the next morning. Called my local town mashal on the way back from the L-1 appointment and he did the background check the same day and submitted. Got the LTCH today on 11/10/10. Paying the extra $10.00 to L-1 is deffinitely worth it.

funkeecowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Marion County
    Dang I wish I'd known how quick the L1 wass. I did mine the other way about 3 weeks ago and they told me it'd be February before it arrived.

Does anyone know if I can L1 after the fact to speed up the process??

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Applied online on 2 November 2010. Did the L1 on 3 November. Went to the City/County Building and did the Local on 4 November. The lady there said that as of paying them I was "assigned". Lifetime LTCH showed up in the mailbox on 13 November.

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Just received my LTCH!! It took me 12weeks 5 days, so if you have the option to do the L1 finger printing thing...DO IT you will get your license in a week or less opposed to 12 weeks:draw::ingo:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Filled out the application on line on Wednesday night and made the appointment for the L-1 the next day.

Thursday I stopped by the post office and got a money order for $85.95, thats $75 for the state and the $10.95 for L-1.

Went to L-1, in and out in 10 minutes, with my state receipt.

Took that receipt to the local PD and paid them $50 and the lady gave me a receipt with my permit number on it

Tuesday morning in the mail I received my LTCH permit.

Funny thing is that it is still a piece of paper, I had to cut it out and they recommend that you laminate it.

I am not sure it matters but I held a LTCH permit from 1992 until it expired in 1996 so that might have been why it was processed faster.

So four business days and $135.95 it was worth it for a lifetime LCTH..

:rockwoot:

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Do the L1, I guarantee you it will knock a large amount of time of your wait! It only costs an extra $10. In many areas of the state the person who does the L1 will be in your county on a certain day every week.

If you are paying by Money order you need to note they only take the exact amount so if is going to cost $85.95 and you show up with a money order for $86.00 they will not accept it. then you gotta go and get another one and maybe miss your appointment.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Printed at L1 Security in Merrillville on Friday morning, dropped off receipt and paid local fee at Hammond PD on Friday afternoon, received following Wednesday. 5 to 6 days. Well worth the extra $10.

TargetIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Filled out my lifetime application and scheduled my L1 appointment online. Paid the ISP portion ($75) online through the L1 website. I took my electronic fingerprinting paperwork to the local PD and paid my $50 cash. I completed my share of the process on Tuesday and received my permit the following Tuesday. Total time was 5 business days.

I used the L1 location in Noblesville and completed the local portion through the Fishers PD. No problems whatsoever, but I think the L1 rep could use a course or two on customer service. She was unhelpful and had zero people skills. She came off as terribly put out by my presence--and I'm a likable guy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom