• Status
    Not open for further replies.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    IT CAME, IT FINALLY CAME. It only took 9.5 weeks but I got it in the mail lastnight. Sent it aug.6th and got it oct.13.

chewylax8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Just got mine in the mail today :rockwoot: Applied back in the end of July, so around 11 week wait. All those of you waiting, hang in there!!!

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Got my $75 refund from the ISP finally.

To recap, Sent in the original app on 6/30, refiled with L1 on 7/29, got the pink paper on 8/4 due to the L1 filing and got my refund for the mail app on 10/15 ... 15 weeks after my first application.

Assuming that is about the time I would have gotten my LTCH if I hadn't gone the L1 route (thanks Fnpfan and JoshuaW again) I am sure glad I refiled.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Mine took 11 days using L-1

I sent out for it on a Tuesday afternoon and got it the next week's Saturday. I was checking the mail every day, though. In fact, the day it came was the only day I DIDN'T check the mail immediately.

I definitely recommend using L-1. It was pretty fast and too easy. And the cut down on the wait is fantastic. My dad waited well over 3 months for his.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What is L-1? is it offered everywhere?

L-1 is basically a 3rd party company that fingerprints you and runs your background check. Then they'll send this information over to the State Police Department and you'll be good to go. You will still be paying the same fees, but L-1 tacks on an additional charge.

It's capitalism, they get it done in a much more timely manner than the state, and they make a profit from it. It will cost you about ten bucks extra, but I say it's worth it. You're all ready getting charged out the you know what in state fees...

As far as where it's offered, I'm unsure. Just check out the link on the first page and have a look. I remember seeing several offices in the Indy area. Dunno about the outlying counties...

jdgatliff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I filed for mine on the same day. I am also still waiting on mine. The money order was cashed on September 2nd...:dunno:
    That's odd I filed and mailed my app Aug 11 and the MO was cashed Aug 13. Seems almost way to quick. Now I'm wondering if it wasn't stolen. Today is 10 weeks so I'll give it another week before I call ISP.

jdgatliff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Woot Woot :woot::D Got it today in the mail!!! :rockwoot:

I applied Aug 11 Mo was cashed Aug 13 and got it today Oct 20. Exactly 10 weeks to the day. :shoot::bacondance:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom