• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My friend and I went downtown last Monday to get our Lifetime LTCHs. After getting everything typed up at the Bail Bonds place across the street and getting MOs at CVS we went back to the City County Building. The lady sitting there, which it looks as if she sits a lot, told us the computers were down so she couldn't finger print us. So we go eat lunch and come back. Back through security again and as we enter the lady sitting in the same spot shakes her head and says "computers still down". We ask if we can do the finger print cards that we saw some other folks having done. "No, that is for something else". We go sit in the lobby and watch the procession of "City County Building Types" walk by and go back one more time. Again lady in same spot shakes her head and tells us to try the L1 system. We leave disgusted. Tuesday we went to the L1 site and had our prints done and head downtown. Back through security and head into the office again. Same lady in same spot says "They went down 45 minutes ago". We were in disbelief!! The older lady, who is very nice, told use we could wait and see if they come back up. So back to the lobby to look at people. As we were sitting there a lady came out and asked if we were the guys waiting for the LTCHs? We reply affirmative and she says "Follow me". She took us into the office and said they were going to do the finger print cards since we were there so many times. We thanked her and we were all sorta laughing at this point. The older lady took my finger prints and we chit chatted about how many people were getting LTCHs and they had been pretty busy. She just about promised the LTCH would be in my hands in two weeks. My friend got his yesterday and mine came today!! ONE WEEK!! I'm good for life now. I plan on going down to TSG to get it laminated now. :rockwoot:

1LuvGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Anderson, IN
    I just received mine in the mail today. Applied in Anderson 4/21, it mosied it's way to the ISP and my MO was cashed on 5/26. Called on 7/26 and was told that they were going through the apps from 5/1 and to call back if I don't see it by 8/26. All I can say is that they must have added more people to the processing... :rockwoot:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Has anyone actually received a refund from switching to L1 and paying to file twice?

I wonder how long they keep your money, or do they just hope you forget it lol.

Nope. It has been pretty recent since this was discovered, and the handful of us who have done it wouldnt have our original apps approved yet. They claim that when they get to the original app that we will receive our refund. I documented the heck out of my process, so I am confident I will get one. If they "forget" or "lose the paper work", I know who I talked to, and who said I would get the refund. I would advise others who go this route to do the same.

Like always, congrats to our new LTCHers. Stay safe!

KB55

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Mailed in application 5/20, received LTCH today! It was a dreadful wait, but better late than never! :draw:

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    My son filled out the online application last night and has an L-1 appointment on the 28th since he won't have the money til after his next payday. Gonna let him have my Glock and accoutrements at a bargain basement price once it arrives. We'll keep y'all posted.

rbeatty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Lifetime carry permit wait

I just called yesterday to check status of my application - the robo answer states that the wait for lifetime permit is now 12 weeks from the time they receive the app. I sent my app in on May 15, still looking for it.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:It came, it came 4 freakin days was all it took using L1. I even put yes on the misdomeaner/felony question cause I had public intox over a decade ago. I also couldn't remember my old handgun license number. I filed on tuesday Aug 10th smooth and easy process with L1 and it came today Saturday Aug 14th:rockwoot::rockwoot::draw::shoot::ar15:

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    I went to fill out the paperwork and get the fingerprints (without L1) at the police dept in downtown indy, and I keep hearing things about people mailing something in... They took all my paperwork and just gave me a receipt... Did I miss something, or was I supposed to mail something in?

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    I went to fill out the paperwork and get the fingerprints (without L1) at the police dept in downtown indy, and I keep hearing things about people mailing something in... They took all my paperwork and just gave me a receipt... Did I miss something, or was I supposed to mail something in?

Nope. Seems to me you did just fine. You shoulda done the L1 thing though, unless you're a big fan of waiting.

theroadnottaken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    refile

Filed original app and fingerprints at Bloomington PD on 7/15, refiled with L-1 on 8/9, got pink slip 8/14. now just to wait for my refund, i expect it sometime around Christmas :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom